Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default How do you weight your Moomba?

Just trying to get this Wakeboard thread going a little bit. I thought this may be a good topic.

My boat did not come with a stock ballast. I am running a 375LB Barefoot Industries Tube Sack under the rear seat. I also have 2 55LB sand bags under the rear seat, when the bag is full along with the sand it is a perfect fit. In the front Ski locker I have a Skylon Locker Sack. This is suppose to be 600LB. There is actually room for a longer sack but not really any taller. I also have 4 more sand bags that I usually place 2 in the rear storage compartment and the other 2 where ever needed to keep the wake clean. So my ballast total is about 1300LBS. I kept my setup hidden because I usually have a lot of people in the boat and I like it better when you do not have to walk over ballast bags. The size of the wake is much bigger than when I first bought the boat and had no ballast at all. The wake holds shape very well and the boat still performs great. I would like to make the setup a auto ballast in the future.
    Richard
    2001 Mobius

I have the tube sack under the rear seat, and unless we have friends in the boat that's the only extra weight. My wife prefers to slalom, so wieghing down the boat only helps one of us. I probably only use the tube sack about half the time, that probably explains why I can't seem to add a grab to my wake to wake 180's!

Brian

I have a '01 Mobius V and i'm running stock tanks full which i think are 250lbs each and 500lbs sack in the ski locker. I usually have 6 people on the boat so the wake is nice. I'm looking to replace the stock tanks with bags the ones i'm looking at are 400lbs each and putting a heavier bag in the ski locker probably a 1000lbs. Anyone have any ideas??

We normally use the stock ballast in our outback located in the floor ski locker and under the back seat they are so easy to fill and drain. This provides a very good wake at slower speeds. My son is 9 years old and jumping 1/2 to 3/4 quarters of the wake toe and heel side. When his coach rides we add a sack in the back ski locker and phat buddies on each side of the clam shell as far back as we can get them. He really likes the shape at his speed.

I have an '01 mobius v with wakeplate. Right now I have stock tanks which are 250lbs each and 600lb sack in the ski locker. I'm looking to upgrade to 400lb bags on each side and a 1000lb sack in the ski locker which should put out a sweet wake.

Default Iggy22

What sacks are you looking at getting? Fluid Concepts makes a 1000LB sack.
    Richard
    2001 Mobius

Right now I have the 375 locker sack in the locker compartment, 2 550lb sacs on each side of the engine, and 250lb sac under the back seat. I am about to order another 550 to put in between the back seat and the motor (wont be able to fill it up completely, but wil help).

Forgot to say - I have an 02 Outback LS

CWS_Kahuna, yeah i've been looking at the fluid concepts sacks. I'm thinking of just getting the 400lb sacks on each side first and leaving the 600lb in the ski locker, and see how the boat handles it.

Default Semi Auto Ballast System

Here is a link for how to build your own Semi Automatic Ballast system. I used a 10 gpm reversible pump and it works great. I have a 2000 Kamberra (Same as the new Mobius V). I have 2 300 lb sacks (one on each side of the engine) and a 750 in the ski hole.

http://www.wakeworld.com/Articles/20...astSystem1.asp