Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Replying to Topic 'How do you weight your Moomba?'

any experince with the fat sac "seat"? the 97 outback rear seats lift out and you could put this monster in the back (800-1500 lbs). something up front to balance it out, like people and away you go.

got over 1200 worth the ballast man its throwing out a killer wake perfectly shaped

Originally posted by cws_kahuna

Just trying to get this Wakeboard thread going a little bit. I thought this may be a good topic.

My boat did not come with a stock ballast. I am running a 375LB Barefoot Industries Tube Sack under the rear seat. I also have 2 55LB sand bags under the rear seat, when the bag is full along with the sand it is a perfect fit. In the front Ski locker I have a Skylon Locker Sack. This is suppose to be 600LB. There is actually room for a longer sack but not really any taller. I also have 4 more sand bags that I usually place 2 in the rear storage compartment and the other 2 where ever needed to keep the wake clean. So my ballast total is about 1300LBS. I kept my setup hidden because I usually have a lot of people in the boat and I like it better when you do not have to walk over ballast bags. The size of the wake is much bigger than when I first bought the boat and had no ballast at all. The wake holds shape very well and the boat still performs great. I would like to make the setup a auto ballast in the future.
    Cwskahuna, What boatdo you have? I just purchased a sac from bullet that measures 51"x18" which I believe is smaller than the skylon sack you have for the ski locker. Just wanted to make sure that it would fit in the ski locker of my 04 mobius ls?

Anyone know what the stock tank under the seat of a 04 mobius ls weighs when it is full?

Originally posted by suvlako

Cws_kahuna, What boat do you have? I just purchased a sac from bullet that measures 51"x18" which I believe is smaller than the skylon sack you have for the ski locker. Just wanted to make sure that it would fit in the ski locker of my 04 mobius ls?

I have a 2001 Mobius which should be the same size ski locker as your Mobius LS because it's the same boat/hull just a different model year.

I think that stock tank weighs 200LBS. It might be bigger though now than it was back in 2001 since the demand for more weight has gone up.

On a different note I recentley picked up some new weight sacks. These little things are getting quite popular where I live. They are 40 lbs bags, nylon with nice carry straps, and are easy to move around. I bought 10 of them to add an additional 400LBS. I have still not been able to try out my full setup since I still need to replace a fat sack that got stolen out of my boat, stupid theifs.
    Richard
    2001 Mobius

What kind of sack are people using for the ski locker? I want to get the biggest sack possible that will fit. I have an '03 Mobius LS. I have heard from a few people that the skylon ski locker sack (600#) has some issues draining due to the location of the holes. thoughts?

I have a 2002 outback. The bow on this boat rides really low. I am afraid if I weight it down in front I will have problems. Anyone with an outback ..how are you weighing it? Will I get a good wake with weight only in the back?

I have a 2001 mobius v with the 2 stock 250's , a 750 in the locker, 350 in bow , and 350 in back.

You will be fine if you weight the front, Use the 40/60 rule. 40% of the total weight to the front 60 to the back... It will throw a great wake. Dont be afraid of taking a roller over the bow. just be extra careful, and when it does happen, it happens to us all no worries!!

Cheers
    2005 Moomba Outback

I have the stock 500 , a 750 in the ski locker , and a 350 in the front...with a couple people the wake is awsome.