Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Probably throws you into default tune mode and kills your fuel economy too.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    ^^^ this would no different then turning the main switch to OFF for storage, then back on to 1 or 2 next trip out, At that point, he'd experience the same extended crank and it would seem normal.
    Exactly. It fires up quickly if I go from bank 1 to off back to bank 1 or bank 2 to off then back to bank 2. Its only going from bank 1 to bank 2 or bank 2 to bank 1 does it experience the extended crank.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Raptor Extended Crank

Maybe a skiers choice rep can jump in because my Moomba’s have done this but Supra’s never have. So my thought is around the fuel supply/pump something different in the two brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by russellsmojo; 03-15-2018 at 10:33 PM.
    2017 Supra SA

What do 2 golf cart batteries run fully charged at rest? 12v? Higher?
    The computers on these motors (I’m guessing) and in most cars now days requires a constant voltage to be seen DURING the start sequence before it kicks fuel pumps, ignition, etc. if there’s something odd about the voltage it doesn’t like it could be causing the computer to hiccup and delay until it sees what it wants (like a voltage drop or rise to the appropriate level)
    If gc batteries don’t like a fast discharge the voltage could be dipping during the initial hit and rising back up.
    Then when you swap back, I’m out of ideas on that one... did it do it when you had a regular battery on the 2 spot?
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

two 6V wet cell in series will be nearly identical to a single 12V wet cell. six total plates at roughly 2.13V each. One huge difference is Ah and reserve. A typical cranking battery might have an Ah of about 65 and a reserve of 100. A pair of 6V in series might have an Ah north of 235 and RC of 450.

So without actually seeing in real time with test equipment hooked up, I would not expect a pair of charged and in good condition 6V GC's to be in a voltage or amp to be an issue.

And another thought I just had. Unless the switch is passing through OFF when switching banks, the ECM will not see a loss of voltage as the switch is make before break.

Even a quick pass through OFF should not be an issue as I bet the ECM has some capacitor storage to smooth out voltage fluctuation.

Broke pilot both my boats have done it and I always had factory dual bank. But you are on to something with what the computer is seeing. I suspect it has more to do with fuel than battery voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

my uneducated guess is the complete removal of power during the switch is causing the fuel pump to drop pressure or injectors to bleed down. have you tried pausing the key in the run for a few seconds before hitting the starter, to allow the pump to pressurize.
    2016 Craz

Yes. That is what I was going to suggest. Maybe 2 cycles of the key then crank.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

The biggest problem with all these computer controlled magic boxes now, is they learn. Quickly.
    So any slight change could be telling the computer to relearn. They do have capacitors to store info. I’m just guessing with these boat ECM’s but I’d put money on they’re not far off of a factory Ford ECU.
    Fuel pressure/injector bleed down shouldn’t be an issue (just a guess). I’m not sure if these boats have a regulated return style fuel system or if they’re just regulated. But either way it should only take microseconds to get the fuel right.
    Since these GC batts sound like monsters, I’m wondering if the computer isn’t seeing the normal voltage drop, but accepts it and starts. But like I said, they learn... when you swap back the computers see a voltage drop, freak out, change whatever it changes and continues on.

Kane has a good idea though to check fuel. Do the swap and cycle the key to hit the pump an extra round before you crank. Maybe not seeing a start sequence on the fresh battery swap will help? Isn’t technology fun?!?
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Ok so I don't think it has anything to do with the fuel pressure bleeding down for this reason. If I have been running it on bank 2, put the boat away with the switch off for a week, get it back and put it back on battery 2 it will fire right up no problem. This inverse is also true for bank 1. I have not trid turning the key to run, then off, then start. I may do that when I get home and see what happens. It really is the oddest thing. I am glad that Russell has experience this though.

Also Taylor, I never had dual batteries from the factory. We ordered it with one battery because we knew we would be pulling out the stock second battery and putting the GC ones in, seemed like a waste of money.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD