Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    567

    Default 2017 Mojo service

    Iím fixing to change the oil and have a question about the cartridge style filter. Do I add oil to he canister like you would a spin on filter or just put it back together dry? Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    Iím fixing to change the oil and have a question about the cartridge style filter. Do I add oil to he canister like you would a spin on filter or just put it back together dry? Thanks
    Never mind. Figured it out.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,549

    Default

    I wanna know did if while changing the vdrive and transmission oil did anyone else extract much less fluid than the manual states it holds?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    567

    Default 2017 Mojo service

    I am going to do all of mine this weekend. Did you end up pulling a screen on the bottom of the vdrive or transmission? I had my first service done at dealer so this is my second. Ordered fluids and filters including the inline fuel filter. Also new impeller and impeller puller. Always fought with the needle nose pliers with my last boat. Iím over that. I will keep track of how much of each I am able to extract.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    I am going to do all of mine this weekend. Did you end up pulling a screen on the bottom of the vdrive or transmission? I had my first service done at dealer so this is my second. Ordered fluids and filters including the inline fuel filter. Also new impeller and impeller puller. Always fought with the needle nose pliers with my last boat. I’m over that. I will keep track of how much of each I am able to extract.
    I was told by indmar that there is no screen to pull. I didn't look for one since that is what I was told, I just sucked the fluid out and put new fluid in and used the dipstick to know when it was full. Took a lot less fluid than the manual called for to show full by the dipstick.
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    Never mind. Figured it out.
    Care to share? Did you add oil or leave dry?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Garrett

    2017 Moomba Mojo
    Flow 2.0 Surf MAX Package
    Black/Brittany Blue Metal Flake
    w/ Striker Graphics

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    13,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I just sucked the fluid out and put new fluid in and used the dipstick to know when it was full. Took a lot less fluid than the manual called for to show full by the dipstick.
    This is what I do but then I watch it pretty carefully the first time out and check each time out after that.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    P5 Danielo Diamond 58"
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    This is what I do but then I watch it pretty carefully the first time out and check each time out after that.
    The newer boats are not as easy to check as the old ones. The dip sticks are not in the most convenient location which makes it hard to check without a drill to remove the vdrive panel.
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
    Care to share? Did you add oil or leave dry?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Manual states put new filter cartridge in and put dab of oil on new Oring and reinstall. Doesnít mention adding oil to canister.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •