Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    Curious on why changing out the fusion? It’s a solid unit IMO. Is it the OCD of everything matching? haha I know that feeling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't mind the fusion but I like the display better on the JL unit. I think OCD is also partially responsible though lol
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    What are the factory amps? I have a project coming up for my niece who’s turning 16 soon.
    sorry, i missed your post bud. One is Kicker kx800.5 100x4 ch at 2 ohm and 400x1 sub channel at 2 ohm. or you can do 200 x 2 at 4 ohm bridged and 400 x1 for the sub
    The other is Kicker KM200.2
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by loc82 View Post
    you're right...it won't fit in the fusion cut out. I misunderstood your question. There is definitely going to be some cutting involved.
    Any update on how you went about the swap?

Garrett

2017 Moomba Mojo
    Flow 2.0 Surf MAX Package
    Black/Brittany Blue Metal Flake
    w/ Striker Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
    Any update on how you went about the swap?

i decided to stay with the Fusion head unit to save some money. The new setup sounds amazing but at low volume i can hear a buzzing noise. That noise wasn't present when I picked up the boat. I had a tech from the install shop check it out and he did a ton of trouble shooting and came to the conclusion that there is an issue with the Fusion HU. Something about only having 2 RCA out puts and running one for the sub and then 8 (2 tower and 6 cabin) on the other. I'm not really sure what the hell he's talking about. Maybe you can help me out?
    2016 Moomba Mojo

There are a number of things that can cause noise. When you here the noise, what the noise sounds like and which speakers omit the noise all narrow down the root cause. Sounds like the system has 3 amp all split off the single RCA pair output? This will cause the gains to be higher then desired, in order for the amps to make their rated wattage. This can invite noise. How is the head unit wired, is another factor.