Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Craz Subwoofer Pics

Have a 2018 Craz and looking to install a sub under helm. Can anyone share pictures of installs you have had done and any feedback on what works or changes you would do. Thank you in advance for your information.
    2018 Craz

There are a ton of different directions you can take this so I'd start off by providing some more info. What all do you currently have? I'm guessing you don't have the factory sub? Are your in-boats powered? Tower speakers? I'm asking because you could easily overtake the rest of your setup without balance.

What is your rough budget? (beer or champagne)

I have the factory Kicker 800.5 driving my in-boats and a pair of KM10s in a ported enclosure, it sounds phenomenal but it isn't gonna win any SPL competitions. For me, it was a half-measure upgrade to get a little more use out of the 800.5 before doing something custom.

There are plenty of manufactured enclosures out there that will fit under the helm and pair well with factory or mid-level subs. Once you start looking at premium subs (JL W3/W6/W7/WS XXX, etc.) you are gonna want a custom built enclosure that is built to that specific sub's air space requirements and tuned to it's frequency response.

Another thing to consider is music tastes...ported enclosures tend to produce a louder output that travels well (great for rap/EDM/reggae), sealed enclosures produce a tighter response (think double bass pedal in rock/heavy metal).

There was a post on FB not too long ago showing some wicked setups...Some guys like Brett are running 4 10s, some run 1 W7, others 2 12" L7s.

Honestly there are plenty of options available whether you are just looking for a little more bottom end or are a true basshead.

kicker.jpg
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    There are a ton of different directions you can take this so I'd start off by providing some more info. What all do you currently have? I'm guessing you don't have the factory sub? Are your in-boats powered? Tower speakers? I'm asking because you could easily overtake the rest of your setup without balance.

What is your rough budget? (beer or champagne)

I have the factory Kicker 800.5 driving my in-boats and a pair of KM10s in a ported enclosure, it sounds phenomenal but it isn't gonna win any SPL competitions. For me, it was a half-measure upgrade to get a little more use out of the 800.5 before doing something custom.

There are plenty of manufactured enclosures out there that will fit under the helm and pair well with factory or mid-level subs. Once you start looking at premium subs (JL W3/W6/W7/WS XXX, etc.) you are gonna want a custom built enclosure that is built to that specific sub's air space requirements and tuned to it's frequency response.

Another thing to consider is music tastes...ported enclosures tend to produce a louder output that travels well (great for rap/EDM/reggae), sealed enclosures produce a tighter response (think double bass pedal in rock/heavy metal).

There was a post on FB not too long ago showing some wicked setups...Some guys like Brett are running 4 10s, some run 1 W7, others 2 12" L7s.

Honestly there are plenty of options available whether you are just looking for a little more bottom end or are a true basshead.

kicker.jpg
    That’s great input I just ordered a factory box for a mojo pro and was planning on putting a xxx it.. sounds like that plan is out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wetsounds XXXv2 powered by Wetsounds SD2. Ported enclosure built by Earmark Marine. Only thing I'd change is moving the steering cable and adding a 2nd XXX behind the one shown below.

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by snowking View Post
    That’s great input I just ordered a factory box for a mojo pro and was planning on putting a xxx it.. sounds like that plan is out the door.

There is no reason you couldn't use a prebuilt enclosure, it's just that you'd likely gain much more performance from a custom enclosure so that the sub could reach it's true potential. You have a Mojo Pro and the XXX is an $800 sub, the box is likely something you don't wanna skimp on....jus sayin
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

That looks awesome it looks easy enough to do it my self. So that box fits even with the steering cable where it’s at now? I guess my question is if I bend that tubing out of the way it shouldn’t cause any issues? And 1 xxx isn’t enough?

"That looks awesome it looks easy enough to do it my self." They certainly make it look easy.

The factory kickplate was removed and the box slid back as far as it could go. Mounted on feet to keep it off the floor, braced to sides to keep it from moving. Then a new facade built to make it look factory as possible. We had to give up a couple inches of legroom but not much at all.

The XXX is awesome. It thumps and will be enough. BUT, It's hard to have too much bass, you can always dial it back. That's why I said 2.

What amp do you plan to use to power the sub?

What amps comes in the Mojo Pro?
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Rockford prime series 12 , ran at 300 watts , custom ported box behind factory face plate , for the money it bumps, have been toying with the idea of going to the xxx or exile big 12. But I can hear it surfing just great and it rattles the crap out of the helm as is ,so probably won't spend more , other thought would have been 2 10s of some sort

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Default Craz Subwoofer Pics

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    "That looks awesome it looks easy enough to do it my self." They certainly make it look easy.

The factory kickplate was removed and the box slid back as far as it could go. Mounted on feet to keep it off the floor, braced to sides to keep it from moving. Then a new facade built to make it look factory as possible. We had to give up a couple inches of legroom but not much at all.

The XXX is awesome. It thumps and will be enough. BUT, It's hard to have too much bass, you can always dial it back. That's why I said 2.

What amp do you plan to use to power the sub?

What amps comes in the Mojo Pro?
    I’m not sure I have a regular mojo and got all wetsounds speakers amps ect. And was going to add the sub box from the pro. My thoughts were that it was plug and play being that there the same
    Amps sinister 2 channel for sub
    Sinister 6 for insides
    Dx 2.3 for rev 10’s

Last edited by snowking; 02-28-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Awesome gear! Top notch.

If you have 1200 watts going to the XXX, a purpose built box should net a lot of cleanliness. I'd try to build it to Wetsounds specs. I believe they have them posted for both ported and sealed enclosures.

SD6 will be more than enough for the in boats.

dx2.3 looks pretty well matched to the 10's as well. Could do 1 or 2 pair. I'd defer to Wetsounds, or other pros, on whether or not the SD and DX2.3 should be swapped in their purpose.

I'm not sure what box they are using in the Pro but I'd be surprised if it was ready for 1200 watts. How do the specs compare to Wetsounds recommendations?
    2016 Moomba Mojo