Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We've had great luck finding at Sam's Club, Fleet Farm, and Walmart, in that order. Stearns, Obrien, and Body Glove... nothing over $40, IIRC. They pretty much only fit for a season or two before they move up to the next size, so cheaper is better in my book. We started getting better ones closer to the pre-teen to teen years since they fit a bit longer then. Of course, if you don't have 3 kids to get them for, you're not buying as many.
    2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

We always carry at least 2 per kid. It's a little annoying from a storage perspective but it goes a long ways toward happiness when you just need a different option. Also, we use the Puddle jumper style for swimming (like water wings with a chest section - you see them at pools all the time). These are USCG approved (surprised me) but really we just use them while moored and they are swimming with an adult. Then, when we get back in the boat, we switch back to a dry vest style and everyone is happy.

I know everyone is talking about the models with a head support. I know they are better from a safety perspective, but somewhere around 2-3 years old, comfort (and thus happiness) overruled that style for us.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Our kids have been in life jackets since they were 2. When in the boat they wear the Speedo jacket. These things are great, such a good swim aid and very comfortable for them. And most importantly keep their heads above water which to me passes all the tests I need. I know we don't get parents of the year award because they aren't coast guard approved, but you try putting a big thick hot life jacket on 4 kids under 5 and have an enjoyable boating experience.
    When they get behind the boat they wear the hyperlite jacket which they enjoy because its the "wakesurf jacket" which are at Costco for $19.99 right now.
    In my experience with the head support jackets, good luck. We have had several infants on the boat with those and they cry the entire time. Hot, restraining, and uncomfortable.

Final thought, we have been stopped by the DNR several times and each time they have never asked to see if the Speedo jackets were coast guard approved. If they did we do have enough coast guard approved on board to switch them into. I guess having small kids on a boat is kinda pain, you need a ton of jackets.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I got a CWB from the local dealer
    0A54C84C-2962-4C03-9616-1DFB5F9285D6.jpg
    2008 Outback<-----SOLD
    2009 Mobius LSV