Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Recommendations for Kids Vests Ages 2-5

Looking for recommendations for kids vests, have a 2yr old and 4yr old and we bought neoprene vests last year (first year with our boat) but they are not coast guard approved and we could be ticketed I believe in Michigan not to mention Id like them wearing an appropriate vest, thx!
    Landon

17 Mondo Surf Edition
    WS Rev 10's

Stop in your local shop and try a few on for best results, especially when it comes to kids.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Plenty of CGA ones out there. Different brands. Better luck at a marine store or local shop or online vs Walmart.

For the little biddy ones, I like the pillows attached to the back, it helps them support their head when floating around. The loops in the back are also helpful for lifting them on the swim platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

https://www.amazon.com/TRC-Recreatio...kets+30-50+lbs

These life jackets are great for kids. We have used these for years when our kids were 3-6 years old. They do not rub them raw under the arms and they do not hold any water at all so they do not get wet and cold.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

^^ Yep, we've had success with those or the cheap orange ones.

All the neoprene ones we bought seemed to be too bulky to be comfortable.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/TRC-Recreatio...kets+30-50+lbs

These life jackets are great for kids. We have used these for years when our kids were 3-6 years old. They do not rub them raw under the arms and they do not hold any water at all so they do not get wet and cold.
    Whoa! those are super retro! Like me when I was learing how to water ski in the mid 70s!

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

And they still work better than anything we tried for our little one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Ages 2-5 need USCG approved PFDs with the ability to keep the head up (flap behind the head) and prevent falling out of the PFD with a crotch strap. Toddlers do not know how to keep themselves upright and they will bob around and ingest water. Check with your local water safety organization if you need help. The non-USCG PFDs need to be tossed as there is no purpose in having them or anyone else. It is the hardest part for me when I go out with dive rescue and have to recover a young kid where no life jacket was ever used but a less than adequate PFD has the potential to produce the same results.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Check sams club. Bought some great ones for our kids nice soft cga approved with handles They go quick early in the season very affordable
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Thanks all for the input, going to check out the local boat shop and focus on vests with neck supports and the obvious, CGA. Is it boating season yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Landon

17 Mondo Surf Edition
    WS Rev 10's