Thread: Gauge diameters

Default Gauge diameters

What are the imperial or metric gauge diameters for the Moomba boats?
    Biggest is the RPM and smaller are fuel. What is the build-in diameter.

Txs

I responded by email to the author but for anybody else wanting to know, the smaller gauges are 2" and the Larger are 3.5".

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G
    If you remove the tachometer, a Fosters can with a straw fits perfectly in that hole.

and if you have PP installed right next to the Fosters, you never have to take your lips off the straw.
    ???

Planning to install an fuel flowmeter and therfore needed to know the gauge diameters.

I am looking for a clock to put in small blank on my dash. It would seem like a good idea to make one, but I can't find one that matches the other guages. I don't like wearing a watch and our lake has rules about what time you can start on weekends and what time you have to stop every day. Anyone know of a good solution for this?

Add GPS unit. I run a dash mounted Garmin V in my boat. I then get a correct speed (even though I run two speedometers anyway) along with perfect/correct time, sunrise and sunset times, and when I come home I can download my trip onto my computer so it maps out where I was.

Right now I am dropping all of my trips onto each other to see if there is a location on the lake that I tend to favor during different parts of the year.

Each trip on the water also collects data so I know how long I was on the lake, average miles covered, average speed, etc..

Interesting concept, my lake is only 1.5 miles long and about 1/3 mile wide. GPS would kind of be like shooting a rabit with a nuculear warhead. I like the idea though. I wonder if anyone makes a multi function digital GPS speedo/clock/temp guage.

That is a pretty small lake. I like to ski a couple of lakes in my area, so the maps are cool. Especially after you lay each trip on top of one another within a map on the computer.

With my program, I can also enter "notes" within the trip. My GPS takes care of the trail/map, speed (highest speed attended, average speed), time on the water, clock, dates, etc.. I enter in the wind speed, cloud cover, temperature of both air and water (water is only taken at first 4 inches).

Each trip is then logged. When they are reading my eulogy, they can tell the morners how many hours I spent on the water and how many miles I covered!

I do this for my hunting trips but include photos as part of my documentation. I just want my future grandkids, great grandkids, great, great grandkids, and beyond that to see how much fun I had when I was alive.