Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

One of thre negatives about trading up is my current boat fits in my 7’ garage. New boat will be stores indies. I found a nice climate controlled indoor RV/boat storage facility that I’m looking into. It’s 24 minutes from my house but it’s also not out of the way from heading to several different lakes so I think the location will work out. The rate they charge is $5 per foot and I think with the trailer that will be around $130 a month. Doesn’t seem too bad but how are those prices to anyone else that is using indoor storage? Obviously location would be different but just looking for a rough gauge on prices. I called and asked if we can use power and they said yes no problem as long as I bring my own extension cord. They also have water I can use outside for free if I wanted to do any maintenance and needed to run the boat off the hose. Price doesn’t seem bad compared to dry rack storage at a marina.

Here’s the place I’m looking at.

7CF48506-4119-4BBB-AA85-C08FD0BB23C7.jpg

BEA059C8-A907-4438-8EE6-298DDAEE9BD4.jpg

91BBAC2F-6938-45E0-819C-21D9BBA69480.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments on the color. I think it’s going to look great on the water while also looking a little different than most Max’s I’ve seen.
    Last edited by haknslash; 01-30-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

congrats. that color should look amazing. def post up once you pick er up....

vegas- $150 for indoor storage. climate controlled is tough to find. pretty lengthy wait for an indoor unit around here tho. Im paying $100 for outside until we finish our house end of this year. kills me to have it out in the sun but had a super custom cover made that covers down to the trailer with tower down.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Picking a boat color is harder than Chinese Calculus.
    I am trying to weigh my options between expensive paint schemes or not. I have already ruled out the $1200 sticker.
    And White or Platinum is killing me too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

I’m getting hosed, those are great prices. $220 a month....only place remotely close to my lake (granted it’s 200 yards from the ramp)....not climate controlled. Next house I will have a garage made for my boat, never winterize again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

For $130 a month I would lock that down. It is hard to say if that is a good deal for your area as storage prices vary geographically but I have 2 13x50 enclosed units with power but they are not climate controlled and I pay $300/month total.

That place looks awesome! Do they retrieve the boat for you?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

It’s not a marina so they won’t retrieve the boat or anything. I think I just pull it in and park it? Maybe I drop it off and they park it but not sure and I will verify. Other prices are lower in the area but they are outside with a covered roof. Front would still be exposed to the elements, so I’d rather keep the boat new looking by keeping it inside. Our 2016 Yamaha looks as new as the day I bought it because I keep it in the garage at my house. Our next house will for sure have a detached barn or large shop/garage for boats and toys. I had to modify my tower cables on my Yamaha to squeeze it in a 7’ garage. Dry rack marina storage at the large lakes is $300 or more a month and a longer drive limiting me to that lake. I like to bounce around to different so the flexibility of keeping it close to home makes sense for me.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Speaking of trailering, is the stock canvas cover suitable for trailering? Will it last? Someone messaged me of a different armor cover I can ask my dealer about. I would like to know how the stock cover holds up or if it’s mainly meant for mooring use?
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Speaking of trailering, is the stock canvas cover suitable for trailering? Will it last? Someone messaged me of a different armor cover I can ask my dealer about. I would like to know how the stock cover holds up or if it’s mainly meant for mooring use?
    Towing with the cover seems to be open to debate on gel coat safety. It appears more than up to the task of holding up with towing.

I have towed 3 hour trips 3 times now, with the cover on, and no roughing up of the gel coat that I can see. Covered it because of inclement weather. Honestly, if weather is decent I would just tow uncovered. Now I just take out some bags of lead and lay it on the snap-in flooring just to be overly sure it won't come undone. No issues with seat cushions, but could put lead on some of them and then they aint going anywhere. I have not put my tower down and I just bungee cord the bimini top.....but on the last trip I got bugs galore so thinking for longer tows I am going to just put the whole tower down, its so easy anyway I am not sure why I didn't do that in the first place.

On another recent thread somebody stated that Suran (sp?) wrap where the cover strap touches would help....obviously would be a PITA for shorter trips, but long tow hauls makes complete sense.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Changed out the interior to add pacific blue welt instead of dark graphite. After looking at the pics on here of pacific blue fabric it looks darker than online build configurator. Plus it’s such a small area I don’t think it will be too noticeable and will look close enough to ultra blue. Brings just a touch of color inside to help balance it out IMO. Thoughts?

F8A04C23-97BF-4335-BCF2-85AF0E08BB38.jpg
    Last edited by haknslash; 01-30-2019 at 04:20 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default I demoed a Max today

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Changed out the interior to add pacific blue welt instead of dark graphite. After looking at the pics on here of pacific blue fabric it looks darker than online build configurator. Plus it’s such a small area I don’t think it will be too noticeable and will look close enough to ultra blue. Thoughts?

F8A04C23-97BF-4335-BCF2-85AF0E08BB38.jpg
    Good idea, it’s much lighter online but it’s great color (on the welt) in person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz