Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Pros and cons of waterline color? My current hull is pacific blue. Wondering what it would be like to have it black or white?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Pros and cons of waterline color? My current hull is pacific blue. Wondering what it would be like to have it black or white?
    My current boat has black below the water line and white just above it. The black is by far worst to keep looking clean compared to my white sections.

Last edited by haknslash; 01-29-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Mine is the opposite. White hull showed the scum line, black covered it up pretty good. Guess it will depend on your water but black was far better at hiding than white in my lake. Every boat you see with a white bottom on our lake you can tell if they have a boat lift or not basically.
    2019 Mondo

white below the water line will show it quicker as jason indicates but it will clean up easier than black and if you boat in a lake with sticks/stumps in it, the white won't scratch as easy if you accidentally hit something.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

For sure white shows if a boat is wet slipped or not or at a minimum pulled out and cleaned routinely. I don't wet slip so I'm not too concerned with staining. If I get a small scuff on my black hull it shows up much easier to the eye than on the white. As anal as I am about cleaning my boat and toys I don't think the white is going to be too bad, certainly not as bad as keeping black clean with water spots lol. My main lake (Lake Mitchell) is is on the Coosa river but it's not too dirty unless after a heavy rain of course. I also boat on clear lakes like Lewis Smith, Lake Martin and even the smaller Lake Tuscaloosa which is nice water on the southern half.
    Last edited by haknslash; 01-29-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Well guys we have decided on colors and I sent the build from posts 51 & 52 to my dealer and he’s sending it to Skiers Choice today! I was going to do a white trailer but my dealer made a great point and said they show rock and dirt chips the most. I told him to go with a dark graphite trailer instead. Pretty pumped and can’t wait to get a spray date!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Well guys we have decided on colors and I sent the build from posts 51 & 52 to my dealer and he’s sending it to Skiers Choice today! I was going to do a white trailer but my dealer made a great point and said they show rock and dirt chips the most. I told him to go with a dark graphite trailer instead. Pretty pumped and can’t wait to get a spray date!
    Talk about a nerve racking day! The final colors, I remember it well thinking if I did the right thing. #51 will look amazing in person!
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Great choice!!! That boat will look awesome!!!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Agreed, that thing will shine on the water!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Heck yeah! Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz