Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Woohoo I got a message from my dealer today and my boat is scheduled to begin production on April 24th!! I was hoping it would be a little sooner but April is better than late May . I'm heading up to the factory on April 29th to see it while it's at the 75-80% stage. Figured I'd take my ole man with me since he's a boat and manufacturing nut too. So pumped!!
    Congrats man!! The wait is tough but worth it. Make sure you have everything how you want it bc the window to change anything will close quickly. The tour should awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Congrats man!! The wait is tough but worth it. Make sure you have everything how you want it bc the window to change anything will close quickly. The tour should awesome!

Thanks! Yea the wait is rough and feels like the hardest part

I was thinking of adding the storage bins but I think I'm just going to get them at a later time or come up with something else to add side trays. I'm glad I'll see it near completion and not just a shell more or less. I asked my dealer to see if Cindy would take some initial pictures during the early construction page and looking forward to those. Obviously I know i cant post them online but it's going to be cool seeing it get born. First time I've ever had something custom made spec'd to order. Pretty cool feeling and I'm sure seeing it during the tour will be icing on the cake!
    Last edited by haknslash; 03-06-2019 at 10:36 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

that's odd for ski safe. granted we are an older boat but '14 with agreed value of 70k plus trailer. 3 month layup. stored offsite. generous limits and believe we are at 1k deductible and it's under $400 for the year. I know if you don't choose the layup option it becomes quite a bit more but it's pretty easy to not use it for 3 months in the dead of winter with thanksgiving/christmas and other trips in the way.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Hello all! Great thread, we are looking at ordering a boat probably toward the end of this year. We've narrowed it down between the max or the craz. I'm leaning more towards the max my wife likes the traditional bow look of the Craz. We have two small children so I think the playpen on the max would be better suited for them. My question is how do you all think a Nissan Titan would pull either one of these boats?

Default I demoed a Max today

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    Hello all! Great thread, we are looking at ordering a boat probably toward the end of this year. We've narrowed it down between the max or the craz. I'm leaning more towards the max my wife likes the traditional bow look of the Craz. We have two small children so I think the playpen on the max would be better suited for them. My question is how do you all think a Nissan Titan would pull either one of these boats?
    The truck can tow it, but the factory hitch can’t. I added the Nissan towing guide below for you to read. Double check your hitch tag and maybe your model year, Nissan fixed this.

But in 2017, the factory hitch is only rated for 5000#. Your hitch, draw bar and ball need to be rated for what you are towing.

https://owners.nissanusa.com/content...wing-guide.pdf

The good news is there are a couple hitch options. Although still class3 rated, they are rated for 8000#.

https://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2017_Nissan_Titan.htm

Last edited by larry_arizona; 03-09-2019 at 11:53 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Perfect, thank you sir!

To the Max owners, what were some of the first modifications you guys did to the boat or suggest doing? I'm assuming adding more weight? Do you remove the factory bags and buy new or just piggy back? We have a small crew with limited board storage needs at this point. Are the board racks something we can add later? I couldnt seem to find any of the a3 racks for sale. As for the audio, I'm thinking of just having the wires added to the tower and doing my own speakers. What size amp is included with that option? Lots of questions feel free to add any other thoughts. I grew up with boats just not these types so most things are foreign. Thanks!

I only ordered mine with the tower wired plus amp. Someone told me that amp is the WS syn-dx4. My dealer is adding the Triton racks when it gets here.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    To the Max owners, what were some of the first modifications you guys did to the boat or suggest doing? I'm assuming adding more weight? Do you remove the factory bags and buy new or just piggy back? We have a small crew with limited board storage needs at this point. Are the board racks something we can add later? I couldnt seem to find any of the a3 racks for sale. As for the audio, I'm thinking of just having the wires added to the tower and doing my own speakers. What size amp is included with that option? Lots of questions feel free to add any other thoughts. I grew up with boats just not these types so most things are foreign. Thanks!
    I don't have my Max yet but as far as ballast upgrades go Max owners either swap out rear bags and go with Wakemakers Max upgrade or they leave stock bags in and piggyback midship bags under the seats. Some people don't upgrade ballast at all but I'm a bigger guy and will need a bigger wave lol. You can also add extra lead wake (steel shot) in the bow or other places to help add weight while retaining storage and ability to easily move weight around to fine tune the wave or wake.

The A3 tower has a place made for bolting up certain wakeboard racks without having to use the towers tubing. I'm not sure if all wakeboard racks can mount to it. We opted not to get the racks because I personally am not a fan of the look, hassle or all that associated with racks so we are using the surf pockets on top of the bimini to store boards. Any extra boards we will put in the boat but we usually have a small crew so I don't see this being an issue for us. I'm sure someone will chime in on what racks you can add after the fact should you want them later on.

image.jpg
    Last edited by haknslash; 03-10-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Dropped off the boat today so my dealer can get it listed on their website. I felt sad seeing her there especially when I drove away seeing her in the rear view after their tractor moved her to a spot on the lot.

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

Oh well brighter days and better times are ahead !! Dealer had an open house event going today so I grabbed some grub and then went and checked out all the boats. They had a few 2019 Max's there so I figured I'd do a brief walkaround of the boat. Really pumped to get my new Max in!!!

IMG_1356.jpg

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold