Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

This has been good info and I didn’t expect so many posts on it lol. I always made it a habit to charge my batteries any time I wasn’t using the boat on the water. My dealer suggested I try and make it a habit to alternate using the batteries each time I go out. After reading the post above by Goose and I can understand the reasoning. For me I will just keep charging like I’m doing and will also alternate batteries each use (if I can remember lol) just so that the alternator gets a chance to charge both from time to time. I did not know it wasn’t recommended to not use the batteries while also charging. I’ve done this on my last boat when “garage boating” listening to the stereo while cleaning or whatever and never had issue but also didn’t have a trolling motor or sensitive electronics. From now on I’ll just leave the charger unplugged next time I want to listen to the tunes while in the driveway. Again this has been some good info to read and thanks everyone for sharing!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    This has been good info and I didn’t expect so many posts on it lol. I always made it a habit to charge my batteries any time I wasn’t using the boat on the water. My dealer suggested I try and make it a habit to alternate using the batteries each time I go out. After reading the post above by Goose and I can understand the reasoning. For me I will just keep charging like I’m doing and will also alternate batteries each use (if I can remember lol) just so that the alternator gets a chance to charge both from time to time. I did not know it wasn’t recommended to not use the batteries while also charging. I’ve done this on my last boat when “garage boating” listening to the stereo while cleaning or whatever and never had issue but also didn’t have a trolling motor or sensitive electronics. From now on I’ll just leave the charger unplugged next time I want to listen to the tunes while in the driveway. Again this has been some good info to read and thanks everyone for sharing!
    It's not the charging that's the issue, rather people will connect the charger backwards. It's easier just and cost effective to say it's bad to discourage people and reduce claims.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I figured I'd update this thread with a video I did yesterday of docking a vdrive now that I've had some seat time with the new boat. It is quite different coming from jet boat since everything is reversed on those to what you'd think you would do but learning the vdrive's natural tendencies is paying off. My salesman also helped teaching me this technique on our maiden voyage. Of course it was blowing hard crosswinds and white caps but i'm glad he made me learn in those conditions. We like to put in at Wind Creek State Park on Lake Martin and it's in a protected cove, so there usually isn't much wind you have to deal with unless it's blow real good. To any potential vdrives owners on here looking at getting one and worried how to dock them, just know that you'll get the hang of it and I would always try to dock to the starboard (right side) as it's much easier than trying it on the left. If a dock is to my left I rather pull in slow, spin the boat around to approach on an angle to my right and then pull the stern in towards the dock using reverse. Going at it from the left would just be a pain and potentially damage your boat so I'd recommend always dock starboard if you have the chance. Anyways figured I'd share a video showing even a vdrive newb can learn this technique with just a handful of outings...

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Great points. These are really easy to dock and spin within their own length if you use only idle bumps into forward or reverse.

I need the check, I think mine swings more easily to port/walks left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

Had to swing by the storage unit today and I realized I have never done a video tour of my Max. Video is broken into 2 parts due to length. I also give my thoughts and opinion on the upcoming changes to the 2021 Moomba Max. This is nothing new for you veterans on here but I figured I'd share for anyone new that may be looking into these boats.

[
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Here is Part 2

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold