Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Here's some raw footage from testing the surf system and ballast connections on the maiden voyage.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I really appreciate the videos your posting they have been super informative. We are going back and forth between the Max and Craz for our first boat for the family. My wife prefers the Craz over the Max but i feel the Max has more potential for a better/easier surf setup. I also feel the Max even slammed with ballast will still have plenty of storage as where the Craz will pretty much have all storage taken when slammed. What ballast upgrades do you plan to do?

People that gripe about lack of storage in a slammed Craz pack too much shit.

I have Enzos & 500 lbs of lead in my Craz. The only storage I have is my observation compartment and over the engine tray but it's plenty for our gear and jackets.

RTIC 40 soft cooler tucked in the walkway and you're golden.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    I really appreciate the videos your posting they have been super informative. We are going back and forth between the Max and Craz for our first boat for the family. My wife prefers the Craz over the Max but i feel the Max has more potential for a better/easier surf setup. I also feel the Max even slammed with ballast will still have plenty of storage as where the Craz will pretty much have all storage taken when slammed. What ballast upgrades do you plan to do?
    Glad you’re enjoying the videos! When we shopped it all came down to deep storage, tall freeboard and great surf potential (we don't wakeboard). I wanted a boat we could slam with ballast and not have to worry with bigger waters, storage space for not just our stuff but for other people’s crap too, so the Max fit the bill for us. I'm not sure what route I will go with ballast. We don't normally have a massive crew going out with us so I'll probably opt for additional midship ballast. I know WM was reworking their bag buster kit for the Max so I may go that route eventually plus a few hundred lbs of lead ballast. I have a 750 lb bag I'll use with a tsunami pump on lighter crew days to hold me over until then.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default I demoed a Max today

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post

I have Enzos & 500 lbs of lead in my Craz. The only storage I have is my observation compartment and over the engine tray but it's plenty for our gear and jackets.

x1000
    TONS of storage in the Craz but still big enough to stow a ton of crap before and during wakeboarding/surfing. We have the OB, and both sides forward of the lockers while we’re on the water. Plan on keeping it that way with just an extra 5-700# of lead.

And for traveling it’s great, rear lockers are HUGE with bags drained, we fit 2 144 wakeboards and 2-3 wakesurfers just in the rear lockers. Life jackets for 8-12, ropes, fenders, etc all stow away no prob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

At the end of the day both are great boats and you'd be happy with either I'm sure.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    At the end of the day both are great boats and you'd be happy with either I'm sure.
    No doubt. And for surfing Max definitely has the upper hand!

--
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
    No doubt. And for surfing Max definitely has the upper hand!

They are both great boats for sure, but yeah the Max is larger and displaces more. Can't deny physics.

IMO the Craz and Max follow different ethos however.

The Helix & Max are somewhat utilitarian, function over form.

The Mondo, Craz & Mojo may not have the freeboard or storage but you can't deny they aren't sexy AF.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post

Probably right. Counted my life jackets and towels I had in the stern side-compartments of my max....17 real life jackets and 12 towels. Probably don't need that much . All in all, I keep a four person tube, slalom ski, tandem skis, remote control boats for the youngens, two anchors (no explanation...ok, maybe one...extra ballast?), 100 ft of extra rope on a spool, 3 buoys, tool set, three blowers for inflatables, and a kids CWB surf board.

So yeah, I rarely use most of that crap other than the tube and kids surfboard and am otherwise just packing too much crap.

I have always bought one size car too big, 1 kid and sold the wife's corolla for an escape, two kids and picked up an acadia, three kids and ditched the acadia for an escalade so I have always brought along too much crap, not the best habit. Just like closets in a house, too much space and you will somehow fill it with crap you don't need.

Notice my signature...I legit don't know where all my lead is, also a problem of the max and its bazillion compartments!
    Last edited by FamilyMan; 05-11-2019 at 09:41 PM.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Here's some raw footage from testing the surf system and ballast connections on the maiden voyage.

Didn't realize the toggle switches are much nicer (not black painted metal...maybe plastic?) like my 2018 in addition to that metal ring glove box opener. Very nice! Gives the dash a lot more pop on the 2019s!

I surf at 11.4....are people really surfing low 10s upper 9s in their max?
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere