Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Alright I found another 2018 Max pic on the internet that had a similar paint scheme except it had a black rub rail, black chrome emblems and a black trailer. I made another photoshopped edit giving it a white rub rail, chrome emblem and dark graphite trailer to give me a better idea of what my build will look like. Man this wait is going to seem like FOREVER if I'm going to sit around photoshopping boats until she arrives !! BTW i never realized how much better the A3 tower looks compared to the older A2 but I am glad of the change in 2019 as it flows with the boat better, especially at the base.

As much as I'd love to have a white trailer my dealer made good points about it being a royal PITA to keep clean with rock chips, nicks and stuff. I didn't want a black trailer and the pacific blue paint was going to look too off from the ultra blue flake, so i went with a shade lighter in dark graphite. I think it still flows pretty well with the boat scheme. What do you guys think?

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

To be honest... it would really pop on a white trailer!

I don’t think a white trailer would show water spots or dust as much as black or graphite. I live towards the end of a short gravel road (about 12 houses in the community all with 3+ acre lots) and my black trailer always looks terrible lol. I generally only buy white daily drivers because they stay looking decent and hide some of the gravel dust/mud.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Oh I totally agree the white trailer would look amazing on it!!!

We will be traveling a lot on the roads since we go to several lakes around the state with lots of interstate use. if i were keeping it close to the lake where it wouldn't see much use on the road I would feel better about the white but if its anything like the front of my truck, it would look chipped and show all of that in no time. Our roads here are crap right now with a lot of construction on the major interstates. My dealer said every white trailer they've ever spec'd for a boat ends up looking pretty bad so I am taking his word on it. He said he would order it however I wanted but that he wanted to give me a fair warning it won't stay nice looking especially with all the driving we will do across the state. My truck is already black and it's my 2nd black vehicle so I totally understand how dark colors show dust. They are easier to repair rock chips without it being as noticeable as a lighter color though. I waffled back and forth on black vs dark graphite. I just wanted some color other than black so dark graphite was next I could pick from. I don't think it looks bad or out of place but yes I totally agree white would take it up about 11 notches!
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-17-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default I demoed a Max today

I would get white and simply install some paint protection film in high chip areas.

3M Scotchgard Clear Paint Protection Bulk Film Roll 12-by-72-inches https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VG6SWS..._bqzACb1Z4RKV6
    Cheap and easy install.

Not to mention if you are towing a lot, get some LARGE mud flaps for your tow vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 02-17-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I would get white and simply install some paint protection film in high chip areas.

Cheap and easy install.

Not to mention if you are towing a lot, get some LARGE mud flaps for your tow vehicle.

Ya know, I hadn't even thought about adding clear film. That would certainly help with the worries! Dangit Larry my salesman is going to kill me I waffle more on colors than Waffle House at 3a.m. ! I haven't received my build number yet from Skiers Choice so i'm guessing it could still be changed? I know my dealer was pushing to move me to the top of their allocated slot.
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-17-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Ya know, I hadn't even thought about adding clear film. That would certainly help with the worries! Dangit Larry my salesman is going to kill me I waffle more on colors than Waffle House at 3a.m.!!!
    That is what this forum is for, figuring shit out and helping you sleep at night.

Never feel bad about creating work for your salesman, that is what he is paid to do. If you are dropping that kind of money for a boat, it’s ok to waffle until it’s right OR the order window is closed.

I know I tweaked a few things on my order and my salesman was more than happy to get it done for me, even calling me on the last day to be sure if I had any other tweaks.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default I demoed a Max today

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Ya know, I hadn't even thought about adding clear film. That would certainly help with the worries! Dangit Larry my salesman is going to kill me I waffle more on colors than Waffle House at 3a.m. ! I haven't received my build number yet from Skiers Choice so i'm guessing it could still be changed? I know my dealer was pushing to move me to the top of their allocated slot.
    Rock Tamers would help too. Simple on/off the hitch when you mount your trailer.

Just ordered mine. $260 something shipped on amazon. Eta early April. Get em while they’re hot!

Last edited by Matt0520; 02-17-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    --
    2019 Craz

I wished we could have the trailer fender accents painted like you can if you ordered it custom from Boatmate. I’d do a white frame with dark graphite fenders. Or better yet I would just have it painted in ultra blue or ultra blue with white. But $$$$ and I’d rather spend that where it counts ....on the water (more ballast and lead).
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-17-2019 at 01:26 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Go with black or white!!! Black matches the tow vehicle, white will match the boat. Both would look sweet. Gray to me would seem out of place but just my opinion. Don’t feel bad waffling as Larry said that is what your sales person is there to do, help you get exactly what you want and until the “lock in” date that is a super easy click of a mouse for them.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead