Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2018 Mojo on order and have a few questions

I have a 2018 Mojo on order and the build starts in about a week. I'd like to get anything I will need ordered so I will be ready in the spring. I'm coming out of a 24' Stingray so I'm good on the basic boat stuff. As for ballast, should I pull the 900's and get Enzo or MB F24 bags or T off the 900's to some smaller bags under the bench seats? It will have the 6 pump system if that matters. I trailer to the lake so would like to not add lead. Is the stock front ballast good for a surf wave?
    Audio, I did the bow speakers, amp, sub, Wet Sounds tower and amp. I believe I read somewhere that the sub needs an enclosure of some sort to get the best sound out of it. Is this correct and any recommendations on an enclosure? Please don't recommend to scratch the factory stereo and build my own, not looking to do that.
    This is my first wake boat so any recommendations for a surf wave or wake would be great. We are novice wake boarders and new to surfing.
    Also, thanks for this awesome site. I've been hanging around here a bit and reading a lot. I have also spoke with a couple members that are local to me and looking forward to their help this spring.
    Thanks, Tim

Congrats on the new Moomba ! How long does it take if you order ? Wish I had advice for you but I got mine the day before Christmas Eve so I haven't actually had it in the water yet. I will tell you from what I habe read is that you do need 1100s or Enzos I was gonna buy Enzos then I found a deal on some 1100s on this site pre owned so I bought those instead to save some coin. I had the dealer install Icon 8s on the tower and I just ordered some XS65i off the web on the cheap to replace the kickers. Not that there was anything wrong with Kickers just want the tower to match the cabin and bow speakers. I also just ordered some new trailer wheels. Hopefully in the next week or too everything will come in and I can post pics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2019 Moomba Makai
    2018 Moomba Max
    2017 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Supra 24SSV Worlds Edition
    2008 Nautique 210 SANTE
    2007 Supra 24SSV
    2004 Supra 22SSV Gravity Games Edition

Congradulations on the order.
    I will look forward to hearing your impressions once you get it.
    Can you share other specs of your build? Such as did you get the auto flow 2 or 3? Surf Pipe?
    How many people do you usually boat with? If it is many, you could probably just stick to stock ballast at first and see how you like it. If you want more, just T off some bags under the seats. That is what I did. I am not sure if wake makers already has upgrade bags that will take advantage of the six pump set up. They may but I just don't know.
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    1100 rear lockers
    400+ under each rear seat
    700 stock center
    950 ibs
    autoflow 2.0 surf tab upgrade
    FAE

Congrats!

You will likely want 1100's or Enzo. Depends on your loss of storage tolerance. It's been a while since I've looked but aren't the f24 bags a touch smaller measurements than the 1100s? If so, go that route. Mojo could use a custom sized bag to take better advantage of the space.
    On bow, do you have the factory IBS? If so, it will be plenty.
    Sub certainly will sound better in an enclosure but it's a not a small project. A local installer is ideal if they have adequate experience. There are threads showing other options, some pre built boxes or use of the powered Wetsounds woofer.
    Be patient, you might want to look up some tips on "steering" an inboard at slow speed/docking

Do you ever tie-up to other boats? I ask bc "basic boat stuff" bumpers may not be ideal.
    With those colors, you will want something to wipe the boat down with.
    Proper ropes for each sport. Proper fitting life jackets.
    Goggles and underwater knife so you can untangle said ropes, if needed

You might want a video camera bc you are going to have a ton of fun!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Keep the 900s, buy some lead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Thanks everyone for the welcome and advice.
    17Mojo, I ordered in September and my dealer gave me a build slot he had for January, it later got pushed back to February. I ordered at the busy season because they are trying to pump out the 2018's to the dealers and do the custom orders. I figured as long as I get it by spring, I'm good. I'll be looking forward to some pics of yours, thanks.
    Isupcar, Happy to share the specs, I checked every box except automatic fire suppression and heater. It has the flow 2.0, the 3.0 is only for the Pro and my daughter required me to get metal flake so that ruled out a Pro, lol. We normally have a small group, probably 5 to 7 people.
    KG, The Mojo is standard with 3000lbs, so yes it has the center and bow ballast. I've read of 1 person using the f24 bags but he folded the ends down to clear the heater on one side and have storage on the other, I didn't know if anyone else is using this bag. I agree, a custom Mojo bag is needed. I probably will just leave the stereo as is for now, give me something to fool with next fall. I don't tie off to other boats often, I do have fenders with fleece covers on them and extra Ronix fenders. We already have wake boards and ropes. I picked up a Hyperlite Broadcast 5'4" for a boat board, that seemed like a good one for beginners and big guys and an Inland Surfer sweet Spot.
    Dusty, If storage is an issue I might buy lead but I prefer bags if I can.

Congrats flynnva!

With an open-back helm panel, you are definitely gonna want an enclosure for your factory sub, otherwise it's output is extremely underwhelming.

With some measurements, there are many good pre-built (sealed & ported) options. Sealed enclosures tend to produce tighter bass, whereas ported tend to have a louder output but music tastes can also dictate which route to go. Once you start looking at getting a custom built enclosure, you kind of reach a tipping point of investment where you might as well upgrade the sub and add a dedicated amp.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I'm using the MB24 bag in my SA, it is massive, almost 1,600 pounds I believe. I do have to fold over the end and I do not have any under seat storage because of the bag. I originally put in a T and added a second bag under my seat to see if the extra weight was worth buying a single bag, it was. Using the T approach added draining issues for me, my pumps feed the hard tank then fill the bag, the second bag, third in line for draining never fully drained on its own. Use the Moomba WakeMakers discount code and buy the MB24, no one ever said I have too much weight.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

With a single huge bag per side extending under the side seats, are you able fold the bag or block it somehow if you want to use the under side seat area for storage?
    To give myself more options, I added a valve to my under seat bags that are t'ed of the rears.
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    1100 rear lockers
    400+ under each rear seat
    700 stock center
    950 ibs
    autoflow 2.0 surf tab upgrade
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by lsupcar View Post
    With a single huge bag per side extending under the side seats, are you able fold the bag or block it somehow if you want to use the under side seat area for storage?
    To give myself more options, I added a valve to my under seat bags that are t'ed of the rears.
    I will be toying with this idea this summer. Folding of the bag over itself helps but does not stop water 100%. I may come up with a clamp type of solution that is easy to install and remove but of course does not damage the bag. I have no storage in those areas due to bags.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig