Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Whoa Whoa Whoa don't forget about your Helix Brethren!

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    The ABS should be able to hold up to the head of the engine bay, these engines run about 30 degrees cooler than normal automotive engines and the exhaust is cooled as well by water. I also thing the trays used in the Max are ABS. My only concern is with the perpendicular flange sides not being connected it would be sacrificing strength. I just sent RickT a message asking if they plan on coming out with anything to satisfy the growing demand for these among Mondo, Mojo, and Craz owners.
    2016 Moomba Helix
    Brittany Blue and Gunmetal Flake
    Full Wetsounds Upgrade
    1100 FatSacs

If water draining is a concern I think the users could seal up the small corner hole with some silicone or something similar. Plus, unless someone wants to absolutely throw something in there dripping wet (I wouldn't) I think the dampness would get driven out with the engine heat. Also, little drips shouldn't hurt anything if you know its not right over the electrical interfaces to the engine.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    if you know its not right over the electrical interfaces to the engine.
    This, exactly. I just wanted to have a hard look and make sure my design wouldn't drain RIGHT ON something important!

I'll be digging into this later next week when i have some downtime. I actually just left Lenoir City - where I've been shanghai'd all week for work. I should have dropped by SC in Marysville, but there wasn't really any downtime this week.

I measured the side compartments on my Mondo yesterday, and they're narrower toward the rear by an inch or so. 16.5" at the rear if I recall correctly. So a rectangular box would have to be about that wide but have extra wide flanges that could be trimmed to fit front to rear.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Dtbradly View Post
    Whoa Whoa Whoa don't forget about your Helix Brethren!
    That tray for the Max should fit the Helix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I am in for all 3. In my Axis boats, there were drains in the back corners for water to escape to the bilge. On these newer engines without distributor caps on top, a bit of water shouldn't hurt anything.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I’d be in for all on all 3! For a “Old” LSV!
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)

i made a storage bin to go in the engine compartment for my 07lsv. There wasn't a lot of room but i am able to throw 3 or 4 ski ropes and deflated Exile bumper balls in there. It is nice to have a little extra storage.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Default V Drive Storage Locker Bins

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    That tray for the Max should fit the Helix.

Does anyone have confirmation that this is true?

Last edited by Willyourun; 02-03-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Was just told by my dealer that the Max’s engine storage tray and the locker storage trays won’t fit on a Helix.