Default Getting the best wake behind a Mondo

Has anybody played around with the speed, wake plates and front ballast to try to get the flattest wake in a Mondo? I'm taking delivery of a new 2018 (with the optional bow ballast) in a few months and I still like to go for the odd open water ski. I'm 50 years old, 175 lbs and a better than average slalom skier although I haven't had the opportunity to play on a course in 30 years. We bought the boat to surf and wakeboard but I still want to get out for the odd morning ski. Do I just drain everything and get the speed up over 32 MPH? Some forums have mentioned adding some ballast to the front to flatten the boat out a bit. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Congrats on the new boat, I have a 15 Mondo & i tried to pull my dad on the ski. Zero ballast & Wake plate all the way down I couldn’t not get a flat wave. I would think front ballast “could” help but you can’t fill the front bag without filling the Center tank so.....🤷🏼*♂️

Let’s see the boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Congrats on your new Mondo!

I played a little with trying to flatten the wake on my '17 Mondo for skiing......

The best results I had were 50% ballast in the front (centre tank full, no IBS), wake plate 50% - 75% and 32 to 34 mph. There was a big difference in the wake size when travelling under 32 mph.

The skier was able to complete the course, but it was definitely not a DD wake.
    2017 Moomba Mondo
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

Thanks for the tips. Here's the design from the Moomba site. No pics until June when I take delivery. We saved money by skipping things like the graphics package but made sure we had all the performance functionality (zero-off, auto-wake, flow 2.0 and bow sac). My son wanted red and black but I didn't want to cook in the sun. I'll revisit in the summer to let you know how it's going. Our lakes are a little stiff right now...

Mondo Design.JPG