Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting the best wake behind a Mondo

Has anybody played around with the speed, wake plates and front ballast to try to get the flattest wake in a Mondo? I'm taking delivery of a new 2018 (with the optional bow ballast) in a few months and I still like to go for the odd open water ski. I'm 50 years old, 175 lbs and a better than average slalom skier although I haven't had the opportunity to play on a course in 30 years. We bought the boat to surf and wakeboard but I still want to get out for the odd morning ski. Do I just drain everything and get the speed up over 32 MPH? Some forums have mentioned adding some ballast to the front to flatten the boat out a bit. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Congrats on the new boat, I have a 15 Mondo & i tried to pull my dad on the ski. Zero ballast & Wake plate all the way down I couldn’t not get a flat wave. I would think front ballast “could” help but you can’t fill the front bag without filling the Center tank so.....🤷🏼*♂️

Let’s see the boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Congrats on your new Mondo!

I played a little with trying to flatten the wake on my '17 Mondo for skiing......

The best results I had were 50% ballast in the front (centre tank full, no IBS), wake plate 50% - 75% and 32 to 34 mph. There was a big difference in the wake size when travelling under 32 mph.

The skier was able to complete the course, but it was definitely not a DD wake.
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

Thanks for the tips. Here's the design from the Moomba site. No pics until June when I take delivery. We saved money by skipping things like the graphics package but made sure we had all the performance functionality (zero-off, auto-wake, flow 2.0 and bow sac). My son wanted red and black but I didn't want to cook in the sun. I'll revisit in the summer to let you know how it's going. Our lakes are a little stiff right now...

Mondo Design.JPG

Canada guy - why ZO? Are you planning on course skiing with this boat?
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

No. Just want to impress people with some nice open water cuts. Went for my first ski behind my new boat this weekend. Forgot to add some weight to the front tanks. Definitely not as flat as the old ‘Bu direct drive but the surfing was a blast. Need to play with autowake some more to figure it out.

Also- they told me that the cruise with the impeller speedo wasn’t very accurate. Also I needed navigation to get to my island. So the GPS solved a couple issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaGuy View Post
    Also- they told me that the cruise with the impeller speedo wasn’t very accurate. Also I needed navigation to get to my island. So the GPS solved a couple issues.
    Zero Off GPS was the was the one option I wish I did get. At the time when I was picking my options my dealer did sway me away from it.

If I offset my speedo to match my GPS on my phone at surfing speeds, then at wake boarding speeds the speedo is off by 2 - 3 mph. The paddle wheel cruise works well, but just not as accurate as the Zero Off.
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

Boat arrived a month ago. Only tried a couple skis because we’re doing so much surfing. Still not happy with the wake but think I’ll bring the speed up to 34. That looked better. Also don’t think my sacs were completely empty. Going to try again next weekend. Here’s a pic with the top on and topless.

2018 Mondo, stock ballast 2300 lbs

Topless please

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400