Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enzo Bags

Default Enzo Bags

I have a 2016 Craz. I'm happyish with my current setup, but it leaves a little bit to be desired, both wakeboard and surfing.

My current setup:

Stock center hard tank
    650 PNP sac in the bow and 900s PNP in the tail.

I want more push on my surf wave and would like a little bigger wakeboard wake. Obviously the displacement of the added 200+ lbs on each side could help facilitate this, but I have a few questions about the repercussions of replacing my current setup.

By adding these bags, do you loose all storage in the back half of the boat? How far forward do the bags go?
    Is there an issue with these bags, when full, putting stress on the seat bases near the back? Namely pressing upward into the fiberglass base.
    Do any of you wakeboard with the Enzos in the tail? Do you need additional nose weight to compensate/plane off?

As always, pictures are appreciated.
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

Cant speak for the enzos, but I run 1100s in the rear and I feel its plenty for wakeboarding, I dont even fill them all the way up. Easily fits in the locker if the sides are reinforced. I could see a benefit of some more weight for surfing however.
    2016 Craz

I run enzo's in my craz. They fill the entire void under the seats, pretty much exact size. I can't get to wakeboard speed with enzos full with my current 15x13 prop, but my 16 doesn't have auto launch. I run an extra 400# in the nose. I've filled the ballast after getting on plane, and the wakeboard wake is massive.

P.s. the enzos are a bit more than 200# more per side than your 900's

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    P.s. the enzos are a bit more than 200# more per side than your 900's
    I realize now, after looking more in depth, that it would be closer to 500+, good to know.

Now I've read about the surf max package added to the 2017 and continuing Moombas. For the Craz, is it the same as my current setup? I already have the surf tabs w/ launch assist. But is the weighting the same or more with the surf max package?
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

Quote Originally Posted by MMPRES View Post
    For the Craz, is it the same as my current setup? I already have the surf tabs w/ launch assist. But is the weighting the same or more with the surf max package?
    The Surf Max package upgrades the rears from 650s to 900s (for a total of 3000lbs), which it sounds like you already have. Enzos are 1450s so you are looking at an additional 1100lbs.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but starting with the 17's, the engine panel dividers come reinforced. You'll likely want the kit from Wakemakers to keep the panels from bowing towards the motor with the weight of the Enzos https://www.wakemakers.com/engine-di...nel-saver.html
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I couldn't wrap my head around losing all my storage space. We have 1100s in the back and I bought 450 lbs of lead to use this summer for surfing.

I thought the wakeboard wake was very solid with the 1100s. For surfing, the 1100s don't allow you to maximize the boats ballast to full potential if you have IBS ... thus the reason I'm adding lead. More weight in the rear will allow me to use more weight in the front (more displacement) and still allow the boat to sit in the water at the proper angle.

If I only cared about the wake/wave, the enzo's are a great answer but I'm not willing to sacrifice that storage.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by MMPRES View Post
    I realize now, after looking more in depth, that it would be closer to 500+, good to know.

Now I've read about the surf max package added to the 2017 and continuing Moombas. For the Craz, is it the same as my current setup? I already have the surf tabs w/ launch assist. But is the weighting the same or more with the surf max package?
    I'm fairly certain that you have the same amount of weight as the surf max package. My surf edition came with 650's in rear and IBS up front. I think the surf max is just 900's in the rear with same INS.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I should have read the other posts before I posted. RC answered your question.

KG makes a very valid point about storage, with the enzo's you will lose all rear storage. We have a cottage on the water, so storage isn't an issue for us, because we generally just go out for a few hrs at a time. If you're making day trips and don't have a home base on the water, I would agree that lead is definitely the better option.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but starting with the 17's, the engine panel dividers come reinforced. You'll likely want the kit from Wakemakers to keep the panels from bowing towards the motor with the weight of the Enzos https://www.wakemakers.com/engine-di...nel-saver.html
    I've already made the reinforcement. We have some friends that own a composite plastic production facility close to the lake that hooked me up with an 1" thick sheet that I modded to support the entire engine compartment wall that the bag would sit up against. My family has used considerable weight in the rear compartments on several of our boats in the past and we knew that that paneling was going to need reinforcement on mine. Very important feature to have that only recently came out.
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I couldn't wrap my head around losing all my storage space. We have 1100s in the back and I bought 450 lbs of lead to use this summer for surfing.

I thought the wakeboard wake was very solid with the 1100s. For surfing, the 1100s don't allow you to maximize the boats ballast to full potential if you have IBS ... thus the reason I'm adding lead. More weight in the rear will allow me to use more weight in the front (more displacement) and still allow the boat to sit in the water at the proper angle.

If I only cared about the wake/wave, the enzo's are a great answer but I'm not willing to sacrifice that storage.
    Where are you purchasing the lead? Those might be the answer for me as well.

I'm with you on the storage. We're out for multiple hours at a time and those rear compartments come in handy.
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique