Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I really don't think that sweet spot exists unfortunately. It's all commitment when you drill down under. Think about it 1000 times, measure 20 times and drill once. Then never look back at what you could have done instead. Just work with weight, speed and skill from there. Lol

The buttons are individual. You drill a 3/4" hole where you want them. You do need to have enough room around them if you want to use the decals. The controller board mounts within 3 feet of the buttons since that is the length of the wires for them. If you wanted them longer just let me know. I have seen it mounted it under the dash and in the gunnels depending on the boat. They are all a little different. It really kind of depends on where you decide to mount the buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperryd View Post
    I really don't think that sweet spot exists unfortunately. It's all commitment when you drill down under. Think about it 1000 times, measure 20 times and drill once. Then never look back at what you could have done instead. Just work with weight, speed and skill from there. Lol

The buttons are individual. You drill a 3/4" hole where you want them. You do need to have enough room around them if you want to use the decals. The controller board mounts within 3 feet of the buttons since that is the length of the wires for them. If you wanted them longer just let me know. I have seen it mounted it under the dash and in the gunnels depending on the boat. They are all a little different. It really kind of depends on where you decide to mount the buttons.
    I need to take some measurements on my boat and maybe make a gate template and take it and the tabs I made and see how it looks.
    2019 Supra SL450

I've always said there are room for both on a lot of boats and they put up comparable but different waves. It would be interesting to see someone find a way to mount both and then give the rider the option of which one he want to ride. Not thinking both at same time but either or.

Who knows, a fully deployed gate with 30% tab might be a game changer?

I've always said there are room for both on a lot of boats and they put up comparable but different waves. It would be interesting to see someone find a way to mount both and then give the rider the option of which one he want to ride. Not thinking both at same time but either or.

Who knows, a fully deployed gate with 30% tab might be a game changer?
    Yeah, that's basically what some with tabs do when they throw on a suck gate too. But that's a lot of crap hanging off the back of the boat. It would look like shit.
    2019 Supra SL450

LOL. I didn't say it would be pretty or even work. It's the what if time of year!!

Lol true.
    2019 Supra SL450

Some people just like a challenge!!

Agree that hull shape and ballast are much more important. I probably spent too much time thinking abt the study bias but…

· Anecdotes suggest that the benefit of Wavecontrol is the speed of deployment and ability to switch sides rather than a substantial “push” improvement over a suckgate.
    · For the measurement of “push”, the study used an amateur rider with only the 24’ boats showing a substantial difference.
    · If tabs were substantially better, then we should have seen a large difference among all three boat size categories.
    · The Malibu MXZ 24’ should have had the same or more push than the Malibu LSV 23’ (rather than a lot less).
    · I assumed the “independent” study was funded by Mastercraft (happy to be proven wrong).
    · The study says they used stock ballast but omits those actual figures – no one that’s serious about surfing actually uses stock ballast and the study doesn’t mention whether they used the wedge.
    · The fuel consumption/rpm figures make me question prop selection.

The chart is for stock weights I pulled from reviews circa 2014.

A16369F6-15D4-4EA5-89D8-9816D7E3E02F.png
    2007 LSV
    2315 Acme prop
    Gravity III + 3 Johnsons
    1100s in the rear, IBS upfront
    Stock bags under the seats
    HDPE Surf Platform

Leebo - good points.
    2019 Supra SL450

If you go the gate route and want to stay on a budget for the controller, I might be able to help you out. Wake logic is a great controller, but not everybody can afford $1100. I have a controller that uses three one touch buttons to fully deploy, retract and switch sides. There is no gps speed window like the WL, but it is very easy and intuitive to use. Push GOOFY button to to deploy the starboard actuator fully and light up the LED switch then ride goofy. When the rider goes down, push WIPEOUT and any gate deployed retracts so you can drive back easily to pick up the rider without any steering issues. When the rider is ready just press GOOFY again and away you go. Riding regulate works the same way. If while surfing you want to switch sides just press the opposite button and the deployed gate will retract at the same time that the opposite gate is deployed along with the corresponding button lighting up. Like I said it is very simple and easy to use. It comes with the controller and the buttons pre wired. Just hook up power/ground, two wires to each actuator, drill for the buttons and plug them in. $450 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.
    Attachment 26646Attachment 26647
    Sorry for the old video. I need to make a new one.
    https://youtu.be/rXv1TSn3Ogo
    Do you happen to know which actuators you used? How far they extend?
    2019 Supra SL450