Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    I Have a off brand 21' 2013 boat. I use Wakelogic to control it. I'm all in about $1700 with fast actuators. The Wakelogic kit was around $1100 of that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Yeah I looked at that kit. $$$$ I think I'm gonna try basic switches first, then add the Wakelogic maybe down the road.

I bought some aluminum plate to play around with, made these one night when I was bored.
    2019 Supra SL450

My buddy makes a trick three button setup for $450. One button for regular, one for goofy, and one to retract whichever side is out when the rider falls off. The deployed side button stays lit while out. You can also switch from side to side and the opposite side automatically retracts. He's on here somewhere his handle is "hyperryd" he also has write ups on wakegarage.com

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    -Jake

I remember seeing that. It's definitely an option.
    2019 Supra SL450

Yeah that's it. What is the bias? Do you believe one will get better at a greater rate than the other method with more weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
    Is this the report?

https://utahwatersports.com/wp-conte...f_Study_06.pdf

I’m not sure it’s unbiased. And the push conclusion was with stock ballast.
    2016 Craz

If you go the gate route and want to stay on a budget for the controller, I might be able to help you out. Wake logic is a great controller, but not everybody can afford $1100. I have a controller that uses three one touch buttons to fully deploy, retract and switch sides. There is no gps speed window like the WL, but it is very easy and intuitive to use. Push GOOFY button to to deploy the starboard actuator fully and light up the LED switch then ride goofy. When the rider goes down, push WIPEOUT and any gate deployed retracts so you can drive back easily to pick up the rider without any steering issues. When the rider is ready just press GOOFY again and away you go. Riding regulate works the same way. If while surfing you want to switch sides just press the opposite button and the deployed gate will retract at the same time that the opposite gate is deployed along with the corresponding button lighting up. Like I said it is very simple and easy to use. It comes with the controller and the buttons pre wired. Just hook up power/ground, two wires to each actuator, drill for the buttons and plug them in. $450 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.
    IMG_7626.jpgIMG_7627.JPG
    Sorry for the old video. I need to make a new one.
    https://youtu.be/rXv1TSn3Ogo

Quote Originally Posted by mcjimmy33 View Post
    Yeah that's it. What is the bias? Do you believe one will get better at a greater rate than the other method with more weight?
    I watched a video on that awhile back. I'll have to find it, but I remember thinking that their methodology in measuring push was a little off, but I don't remember why. If I can find it I'll post it.

The other thing is a lot of those criteria have much more to do with the boat than the surf system. Noise, handling, fuel efficiency, etc. I also wonder what their baseline results would be - i.e., wave without the surf system deployed. Basically which hull makes a better wave.

For my purposes, it was good info, but I don't know how much it applies to deciding which system would be better on a given hull. Unless I felt like drilling craploads of holes in my transom and trying both.
    2019 Supra SL450

I think it was just a good way for a couple of engineers who are also boat buddies to get to uses 6 fun surf boats in the name of "Science". I need to try that!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperryd View Post
    If you go the gate route and want to stay on a budget for the controller, I might be able to help you out. Wake logic is a great controller, but not everybody can afford $1100. I have a controller that uses three one touch buttons to fully deploy, retract and switch sides. There is no gps speed window like the WL, but it is very easy and intuitive to use. Push GOOFY button to to deploy the starboard actuator fully and light up the LED switch then ride goofy. When the rider goes down, push WIPEOUT and any gate deployed retracts so you can drive back easily to pick up the rider without any steering issues. When the rider is ready just press GOOFY again and away you go. Riding regulate works the same way. If while surfing you want to switch sides just press the opposite button and the deployed gate will retract at the same time that the opposite gate is deployed along with the corresponding button lighting up. Like I said it is very simple and easy to use. It comes with the controller and the buttons pre wired. Just hook up power/ground, two wires to each actuator, drill for the buttons and plug them in. $450 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.
    IMG_7626.jpgIMG_7627.JPG
    Sorry for the old video. I need to make a new one.
    https://youtu.be/rXv1TSn3Ogo
    I remember seeing that on wakegarage. Pretty slick.

Does it only deploy fully, or can you change deployment angle somehow (timer maybe)?

With the gates I can see full deployment being fine, but with tabs I'd like to be able to fine-tune it. Especially with how far down the tab could potentially go. Check out how far down the Mastercraft tabs go.

2019 Supra SL450

It's for full deployment. Great for gates, but not so much for tabs. That is another reason gates are an easier DIY. They work best fully deployed. There are a lot of variables with the tabs. Getting just the right shape, angle and weight combo is typically a lot trickier with tabs than gates.

Can't wait to see it whichever way you go. Who doesn't love drilling holes below the waterline?! LOL
    Last edited by Hyperryd; 02-01-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperryd View Post
    It's for full deployment. Great for gates, but not so much for tabs. That is another reason gates are an easier DIY. They work best fully deployed. There are a lot of variables with the tabs. Getting just the right shape, angle and weight combo is typically a lot trickier with tabs than gates.
    True. I wonder if I could find the sweet spot for the actuator so that it could just be rotated if I went one route and decided to switch to the other at some point.

Are those buttons fixed at that spacing, or are they just mounted separately? Where do you typically mount that controller plate?
    Last edited by Shoebox; 02-01-2018 at 01:28 PM.
    2019 Supra SL450