Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperryd View Post
    Cough,signature,cough,cough
    I don't see signatures on Tapatalk. But so true!
    2019 Supra SL450

I measured the angles. The cardboard gate was set at 10°. The lower hull is 7°, the upper hull varies from 10° to 5° from bottom to top. 10° seems like it will work OK, aesthetically and is about as much angle as I'd want.

Where it goes from flat to curve, top to bottom on the lower hull is a 5° angle (black line on the tape), and is set back several inches from the side of the boat. I need to get hinges and see what and where work best.

2019 Supra SL450

Well, have you drilled yet?
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

Quote Originally Posted by aerolland View Post
    Well, have you drilled yet?
    Not yet. I'm leaning a bit toward the gates rather than tabs. Today I'm making a mockup of the gate I'd use as a ghetto gate to see how it will work. Hopefully it'll be quick to make and I can try it out this afternoon.
    Last edited by Shoebox; 05-14-2018 at 01:45 PM.
    2019 Supra SL450

I built this ghetto gate today as a proof of concept. Same size gate as I've been playing with in cardboard. It's 20° out from the side of the boat, and a 10° angle vertically, which is the angle that would work best with my transom and how it would sit level with the swim step when retracted.

With this thing on, I could not turn the boat left at idle, it really wouldn't even drive straight at idle. The wave was huge, but the boat definitely worked harder than it does with the Nauticurl on there.

I'm going to replace the "gate" face with a slightly smaller version and see how it does. Maybe try slightly less out angle.

2019 Supra SL450

Shoebox, are you planning to have that on both sides to extend out? If so, it will really kill your wave. My neighbor attempted that with his boat. It changes the running length of the boat down the side more than you would think. If he only has one on at a time, it works great. But having both on to deploy one side or other really messed up his wave. Just something to consider and be aware of. Malibu\Axis have very abbreviated platforms with molded in areas that the surf gate folds into. If you could make it so it tucks under the platform, it might just work. Best of luck!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Shoebox, are you planning to have that on both sides to extend out? If so, it will really kill your wave. My neighbor attempted that with his boat. It changes the running length of the boat down the side more than you would think. If he only has one on at a time, it works great. But having both on to deploy one side or other really messed up his wave. Just something to consider and be aware of. Malibu\Axis have very abbreviated platforms with molded in areas that the surf gate folds into. If you could make it so it tucks under the platform, it might just work. Best of luck!
    Yes, gates like a Malibu. When retracted it will tuck up against the swim step.
    2019 Supra SL450

7567 Seymour Hwy. Wichita Falls, Texas 76310

I'll go with surf tabs!

Quote Originally Posted by csteel14golf View Post
    I've seen that. There are a lot of issues with their methodology.
    2019 Supra SL450