Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The boat Show: Upgrade LSV for MAX?

The Boat show... A place where tremendously foolish life decisions make perfect sense. Anyway, my mind is spinning on a few things.
    • The Supra Rep who was at the show cannot come out and say you don’t have a very good Moomba for surfing, so buy another one. BUT… that is the feeling I got from talking to him.
    • My 2015 LSV surf wake is OK at best. (this is my opinion)
    The options as I see it are this:
    1.Heel my boat over with even more ballast - but that is not a safe way to operate is it? Not to mention my wife who can barely drive hates driving the boat like that.
    2. Look in to some sort of Surf tab retro fit if possible?
    • Do they work?
    • Would that even help?
    • Buy a $4,000 “Surf System” or Bennett BOLT Electric Trim Tab Set which seem to be the same damn thing at much less than 1/3 the cost?
    3. Accept defeat and buy something like the Max or an Axis?
    I have a great rate on my current loan, and I DON’T want to go into 75k worth of debt on a new boat.
    I know others here have success with the same hull that I do. It is difficult for me to tell if they are just more easily please than me, or if I am being stupid with my boat set up.
    I don’t want to throw good money after bad if the boat is not going to work. My fear is that if I start throwing more money into props, bags, stereo, and bolt on surf system Its going to be 7-10k and the might as well clause starts coming into play.
    4. Would a Max be a good choice?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Have you tried any suck gates out there yet to help ride more level?
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

+1 on a simple wake sharper. I was joking with my dealer at the Louisville boat show this weekend. He doesn't want to carry the $400 Mission Delta because that $400 might steal a boat sale!

My buddies LSV with 1100’s, center and bow sacks plus a stick on gate I made him makes an amazing wave. As Josh said, try the stick on gate if you haven’t already, it’s a serious game changer. The $4000 add on surf tab upgrade isn’t as good. My other gaudy put that on his XLV and we get a better wave on that one too, with the stick on gate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    My buddies LSV with 1100Â’s, center and bow sacks plus a stick on gate I made him makes an amazing wave. As Josh said, try the stick on gate if you havenÂ’t already, itÂ’s a serious game changer. The $4000 add on surf tab upgrade isnÂ’t as good. My other gaudy put that on his XLV and we get a better wave on that one too, with the stick on gate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    -I have the delta Mission
    -The "Surf tabs"
    -I have completely over grossed the boat with people + full factor ballast.
    -Played with moving butts around and wake plate settings

Now a full boat with people is ok, but we still need to be a 11.5mph to surf. Nothing in what I have read and been sent by Moomba makes sense. Unless what they consider to be optimal surfing is mediocre to me? going at 10.5 just makes white wash.

The Delta makes the boat surfable for sure. Without it good luck! but when we only have a crew of 3 the pocket is so close to the swim platform I almost hit it, and all I seem to be able to do is let go of the rope and hangout right behind the boat.
    The problem with the Delta is the Hull. It wont fit in the optimal place for my boat.
    The issue is not that I dont have a nice boat. We love it. I am just getting a bit tired of f'n around, or having a go out on the neighbors boat because his throws the best wake I have been on. Just wondering if while it would suck for me financially, I would get to enjoy the outing more if we upgrade to a MAX. Like I said, I don't want to.

If this is going to be a situation where I need upgrade ballast, and 12 people in the boat, this is not going to work for us either. I will say, that if we buy a new boat, and it isnt spot on right out of the gate, I fear that the wife would go full Super Nova and the Solar System as we know it would end.

Interesting to hear this however: "The $4000 add on surf tab upgrade isnÂ’t as good."
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Just buy a Max , you know you want to , get it with the g6 pump system , autowake , GPS cruise, spend an extra 1000ish on additional ballast and you will never look back, it will surf like a champ , you will have tons of storage , it won't feel like your sinking boat to get a good wave, there would be no more f'ing around , just launch and go. Will be a win win.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Buy a MAX then. Yes, the gosurfassist kit my buddy added was not all that it’s cracked up to be. Unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

If you can't get a decent wave out of an LSV upgrading isn't going to help much. You'd be better off learning how to setup the LSV.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    If you can't get a decent wave out of an LSV upgrading isn't going to help much. You'd be better off learning how to setup the LSV.
    This.

Where are you located flienlow?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

The thing to remember is the LSV hull was developed well before the surfing crazy started. It was the same hull from 2006 to 2012 then went to a deeper hull but similar below the water line I believe. Based off that SC has had over a decade to develop a great surf boat. The easy of the surf systems is what is selling new boats as many want to relax and hit buttons not mess with bags and shifting people. What every you do don't let the wife sit in or drive a Supra. The rider and driver profiles make it a breeze to drive and make everyone a great driver.