View Poll Results: What make is your primary tow vehicle?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • GM

57 34.76%
  • Ford

59 35.98%
  • Ram/Jeep

22 13.41%
  • Toyota

13 7.93%
  • Nissan

6 3.66%
  • Other

7 4.27%
Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    New company you’re flying for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, after 5 years at western outta sugarland, I've topped out. I'm headed over to a charter op out of Hobby. Company I've always wanted to work for, they just don't hire much cus their pilots never leave. I'm excited, just nervous. Everything new is scary! Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Yep, after 5 years at western outta sugarland, I've topped out. I'm headed over to a charter op out of Hobby. Company I've always wanted to work for, they just don't hire much cus their pilots never leave. I'm excited, just nervous. Everything new is scary! Lol
    Charter can be some sketchy stuff. Hope the new place takes safety seriously.

What will you be flying?
    2019 Supra SL450

Charter is great as long as you're with a big well established company. When you're in the business you know who to stay away from for jobs. Lol
    Western has been around for over 30 years, they treated me well, but I couldn't see another 5 years with them. The Lear 75 I'm on is the newest plane and there's nothing else on the horizon.
    The new company, Cockrell, has been around a long time also. They operate some bigger airframes, and there's more opportunities for advancement. I'll be the Lear 40/45 check airman for them until I move on to a bigger plane in 6-12 months. It'll be nice being dual typed again, it gets boring flying the same plane every trip.
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

Charter is great as long as you're with a big well established company. When you're in the business you know who to stay away from for jobs. Lol
    Western has been around for over 30 years, they treated me well, but I couldn't see another 5 years with them. The Lear 75 I'm on is the newest plane and there's nothing else on the horizon.
    The new company, Cockrell, has been around a long time also. They operate some bigger airframes, and there's more opportunities for advancement. I'll be the Lear 40/45 check airman for them until I move on to a bigger plane in 6-12 months. It'll be nice being dual typed again, it gets boring flying the same plane every trip.
    I've been flying the same type (Phenom 300) for 4.5 years, and flew the 400xp for 8.5 before that. At NetJets. Don't think I could do charter. I like having a schedule and a contract.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    +1 for Ford. Boy do I feel like a part timer with a half ton ecoboost. You guys have some nice rigs! We keep the boat at the cottage, so only tow about 1000km a season anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    I’m with ya. I have a plain Jane 2018 Silverado 1500 HC Street level truck ha ha
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

All that matters is you have a tow rig to pull around the real toy!
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

Default Tow Vehicle

All that matters is you have a tow rig to pull around the real toy!
    That’s right, our old primary tow rig was. 2006 Dodge Ram. People think it’s funny that I have a $15,000 truck with an $80,000 boat behind it. I just say the trucks only purpose is to transport the fun

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Our tow vehicle just got an upgrade today. Swapped out the standard struts for the Nivomat load leveling ones. They are a bit beefier.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I’ll be curious to see what you think. I gutted the air ride on the back of our Lincoln Navigator after it flaked out a few times and finally failed. Did an Arnott strut conversion with a little computer bypass module. Worked like a charm but doesn’t sit as level towing as I’d like now when there’s a carload of kids.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Well hopefully the weather will cooperate and we will be able to test it out. I like the fact that it’s not air because I never hear anything except people having problems with their air rides.

David