View Poll Results: What make is your primary tow vehicle?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • GM

57 34.76%
  • Ford

59 35.98%
  • Ram/Jeep

22 13.41%
  • Toyota

13 7.93%
  • Nissan

6 3.66%
  • Other

7 4.27%
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast

Thread: Tow Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    I think it's pretty damn low to start with look at the front clearance. Looks like an inch inch and a half of sag or so.
    Yea the SRT rides lower from the start than a standard Durango. It was ~1" of additional squat when hitched up, but I didn't take out bow lead and had the back of the truck loaded with my air compressor, all my boards, detailing supplies, life jackets, etc. Not like I'm tucking rear tires like the stance bros

Miss the rear air springs on my old Tahoe, but that's about it.
    Last edited by rhouse181; 11-10-2021 at 06:21 PM.
    2020 Kaiyen

Quote Originally Posted by rhouse181 View Post
    Yea the SRT rides lower from the start than a standard Durango. It was ~1" of additional squat when hitched up, but I didn't take out bow lead and had the back of the truck loaded with my air compressor, all my boards, detailing supplies, life jackets, etc. Not like I'm tucking rear tires like the stance bros

Miss the rear air springs on my old Tahoe, but that's about it.
    I use a Durango Crew with the 5.7 Hemi and it has the load leveling rear suspension. It hardly sags at all. The Durango is good for most of the towing for our Mojo, but I had to take it up a 6% grade last summer and it really struggled to get back up to speed after we were cut off by a semi and had to slow down. Probably not the best day to be testing with 1,000 lbs of lead

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

Ok...so someone is looking to buy my dually from me for some good coin.

I need to order a new truck. I actually use it but nothing over 15k towing for 3yrs. Mojo weighted is 7000 with gear and trailer so not worried. Other equipment has me getting a 3/4 or 1 ton. No dually this time, BUT should I go gas???

I love, love my Duramax. Being 2008 deleting was easy and has been worry free. The new ones not so much. I love the super duty. But worried about the CP4 issues, if that is still a thing.

So save $6.5k and go f350 larait gas tremor....or go f350 fx4 black package diesel?

Fist world problems, I get it but I really cannot decide. I don't want to buy gas and regret it but why deal with any issues diesel emissions can bring to the rig.....I hate overthinking
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Ok...so someone is looking to buy my dually from me for some good coin.

I need to order a new truck. I actually use it but nothing over 15k towing for 3yrs. Mojo weighted is 7000 with gear and trailer so not worried. Other equipment has me getting a 3/4 or 1 ton. No dually this time, BUT should I go gas???

I love, love my Duramax. Being 2008 deleting was easy and has been worry free. The new ones not so much. I love the super duty. But worried about the CP4 issues, if that is still a thing.

So save $6.5k and go f350 larait gas tremor....or go f350 fx4 black package diesel?

Fist world problems, I get it but I really cannot decide. I don't want to buy gas and regret it but why deal with any issues diesel emissions can bring to the rig.....I hate overthinking
    The new Ford 7.3 gasser is a beast... that would be my vote.

Between the added cost, weight, and emissions complexity of the new diesels, it's not worth the hassle if you plan to keep your truck for awhile.
    2020 Kaiyen

That's really interesting, what package Ram did you test drive? I usually hear and would agree with that Ram is ahead of the curve as far as niceties on the interior.

I tow with my Ram 1500 Ecodiesel

Not the Mojo, but used to tow my ski boat with my '95 Land Rover Defender (300TDI, RHD)
    Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 2.36.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 2.36.43 PM.jpg
    Tow vehicle upgrade is currently in progress...
    '16 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    1275 WakeMakers Rear Ballast Upgrade
    GatorStep
    FAE

Well we picked up a new tow option for the Mojo. Not sure it’s going to get used much for towing but with a 9400# capacity it should be more than capable.

2023 Ford Expedition Timberline

Wife wanted a jacked up keep but was unwilling to forfeit the 3rd row seat so we got this and she wanted a “lift” so we did 3” strut spacers up from and 2” in the rear and slapped on some 295/70R18 Toyo AT3s. Came out pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Nice rig!

2020 Moomba Helix
    1989 MasterCraft Prostar (sold)

Slick ride

2018 Supra SL400