View Poll Results: What make is your primary tow vehicle?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • GM

57 34.76%
  • Ford

59 35.98%
  • Ram/Jeep

22 13.41%
  • Toyota

13 7.93%
  • Nissan

6 3.66%
  • Other

7 4.27%
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Vehicle

Default Tow Vehicle

You get one sensor, harness and plug holder, but you also get several checkerboard decals if you want to add other trailers.

Sounds like the sensor is “better” but decals still work if you have multiple trailers.

This interior is a significant upgrade to my 18 and 19 1Fiddys. Easter egg details are cool.

Merican flag

Not as obvious, but this carbon graphic is a Detroit city map, born and raised in the motor city and this is cool to me. Detroit pride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 05-05-2021 at 10:22 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Awesome Truck!!! Congrats!!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    You get one sensor, harness and plug holder, but you also get several checkerboard decals if you want to add other trailers.

Sounds like the sensor is “better” but decals still work if you have multiple trailers.

This interior is a significant upgrade to my 18 and 19 1Fiddys. Easter egg details are cool.

Merican flag

Not as obvious, but this carbon graphic is a Detroit city map, born and raised in the motor city and this is cool to me. Detroit pride.

Beautiful!! Congrats, those tires will completely change that trucks attitude.

I'm disappointed the '22 SuperDuty is only getting a larger screen....the '23 will get the full F150 interior.

I'm curious if a year's worth of parts shortages pushed the full SD refresh.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Working in automotive, I have not heard of any current launch delays due to pandemic.

MY 23 was likely normal plan. I considered a 21 or 22 tremor f250 7.3 build and buy.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Working in automotive, I have not heard of any current launch delays due to pandemic.

MY 23 was likely normal plan. I considered a 21 or 22 tremor f250 7.3 build and buy.

6 years seems awfully long before a interior refresh.

Aside from the larger screen and wireless Qi charger, there is no difference between the interior of my '17 and a '22.

In the fall of '22 I might have to choose between a '23 SD or a '23 Raptor R

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    6 years seems awfully long before a interior refresh.

Aside from the larger screen and wireless Qi charger, there is no difference between the interior of my '17 and a '22.

In the fall of '22 I might have to choose between a '23 SD or a '23 Raptor R

$100K truck to go with the $100k boat......

Might have to upgrade from a MOJO to an SL550 if you get the Raptor R so the boat and truck have the same engine......
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post

Might have to upgrade from a MOJO to an SL550 if you get the Raptor R so the boat and truck have the same engine......
    Raptor R will have the 5.2L supercharged predator engine somewhere around 760hp/625 tq.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I dunno....I heard the Raptor R was gonna be running a slightly detuned version of the Shelby GT500 motor - a 5.2L Supercharged Cross Plane Crank V8

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    I dunno....I heard the Raptor R was gonna be running a slightly detuned version of the Shelby GT500 motor - a 5.2L Supercharged Cross Plane Crank V8

I had to Google it after reading this and Car and Driver has spy video so you can hear it. Certainly sounds of mustang blood. I have always loved the v8 Raptors.
    I just hope they do give it some towing ability. I have seen several Raptors trying to tow, and with the Fox suspension that truck is made to run 100mph across sand and dirt not pull. I wonder if they will do something similar to GM's magnetic ride control to stiffen the rear while pulling the camper to the dunes, then back to sport mode to go jump said dunes.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I had to Google it after reading this and Car and Driver has spy video so you can hear it. Certainly sounds of mustang blood. I have always loved the v8 Raptors.
    I just hope they do give it some towing ability. I have seen several Raptors trying to tow, and with the Fox suspension that truck is made to run 100mph across sand and dirt not pull. I wonder if they will do something similar to GM's magnetic ride control to stiffen the rear while pulling the camper to the dunes, then back to sport mode to go jump said dunes.
    Yeah, not really a tow pig but gobs of suspension travel. There will be new dampers from Fox but I'm not sure they are of the magnetorheological type.

Also, depending on if you choose 37"s or 35"s....the shock diameter is larger, as is the frame to accomodate a 37" spare.

Kinda interesting, Ford had to modify the assembly line for the Raptors on 37s to come through.