View Poll Results: What make is your primary tow vehicle?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • GM

57 34.76%
  • Ford

59 35.98%
  • Ram/Jeep

22 13.41%
  • Toyota

13 7.93%
  • Nissan

6 3.66%
  • Other

7 4.27%
Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    I'm just gonna leave this right here....

**Puts on Flame Suit**

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    It’s so true it hurts... lmao
    Me and my brother have both been saying lately, if we were gonna buy a half ton it’s eother ford or tundra now.
    I think chevy (my roots) just wants their true followers to hate them... lol

Jcarter, why trade in? Like they said, nothing is changing, except they’re getting uglier. Lol (my opinion of course)
    I’m looking at buying another older chevy/gmc tahoe to do a 6.0 swap in. There’s not much out there worth the money in my eyes. I love my Cummins, really really love it, but was it worth $60k? F#%@ NO! It’s just a 38k truck saddled with 28k worth of emissions bullshit that’s gonna cost me $3k to delete when it acts up. Lol
    3k into your axles is still cheaper than payments on a new truck...
    Last edited by Broke Pilot; 09-11-2018 at 12:06 AM.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

I can't believe there's a 17 page thread on trucks and I somehow missed the opportunity to post up a picture of ours, LOLOL.

2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4.
    • 6" lift, 20" motometal wheels with 35x12.50 tires
    • Firestone riderite airbags with the Airlift wireless controller
    • Undercover Flex tri fold tonneau
    • LED Fogs, tails, and 3rd Brake light

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Hey Trayson, how do you like the wireless controller for the bags? I just did a air ride kit for a buddy on his tundra but we just used the schrader valves for now. He’s still up in the air if he wants the controller and pump. Are you running an air tank also or straight off the pump to the bags?
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

I'm not Trayson, but the wireless controller is awesome. I put my compressor and manifold in a plastic Home Depot toolbox and mounted it under the truck. Keeps it protected and clean, and easy access to service it.

The controller has 2 presets, so I have it set at 5 psi unloaded and 55 psi when I'm carrying my camper.

They say you can't run it to a tank, but it would be an easy mod to do so.
    Last edited by Shoebox; 09-11-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Hey Trayson, how do you like the wireless controller for the bags? I just did a air ride kit for a buddy on his tundra but we just used the schrader valves for now. He’s still up in the air if he wants the controller and pump. Are you running an air tank also or straight off the pump to the bags?
    I really like it with the controller. The truck is the wife's daily driver. the controller we have has the digital display of PSI and two presets. so the first preset is the 5psi minimum for driving around w/o the trailer. When we are hitching up, we line up the ball and coupler and crank a little on the tongue jack, then I go and hit the 2nd preset for 50psi and it raises the suspension to the coupler (kinda like the fancy stuff on the new trucks). Likewise, when we uncouple the trailer, we put down the tongue jack and then drop the truck's suspension to uncouple. Less cranking = work smarter not harder.

As far as setting up the PSI for towing, I hitched up the boat, put the truck and boat on a level road, and cranked up the PSI on the bags until the gap on the front wheels was the same as the gap on the rear wheels of the truck. and of course going with the appropriate drop hitch to keep the trailer as level as possible.

My kit has a compressor and the remote. No tank. I really don't see it as necessary. Going from 5 psi to 50+ only takes maybe 10 seconds tops. It's not like the bags have THAT much volume to justify a tank. Sure, the wireless controller is a couple hundred extra (I found a great deal on an open box setup on ebay) but it really makes it so I use the varying PSI levels WAY more (not to mention actually knowing what the PSI is). Sure, when I'm going camping and I have a bed full of gear and gas cans, I'll pump it up in PSI with a guestimate. But at least knowing the #'s is nice.

Sure, I have a shop compressor right next to where I hitch up the trailer. But even that would be something I'd feel was a hassle before long.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    I'm not Trayson, but the wireless controller is awesome. I put my compressor and manifold in a plastic Home Depot toolbox and mounted it under the truck. Keeps it protected and clean, and easy access to service it.
    I didn't bother with protecting it like you. My manifold is mounted on the frame rail as is my compressor. The compressor I have had its own shielding though. The truck is my wife's daily driver and as such never sees trails or mud. So it's definitely a "street queen". But the toolbox is a slick idea.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I didn't bother with protecting it like you. My manifold is mounted on the frame rail as is my compressor. The compressor I have had its own shielding though. The truck is my wife's daily driver and as such never sees trails or mud. So it's definitely a "street queen". But the toolbox is a slick idea.
    I get off road camping quite a bit, so the protection of the toolbox seemed like a good idea.
    2019 Supra SL450

The toolbox is a hell of an idea. Lol
    So when you go with the pump/manifold are the bags independent of each other? On the kit I just installed it’s one line with a schrader per bag. So if one gets a leak, the other side will still be aired up. I’m not sure that I like that. lol
    If you were to spring a leak I would think I’d want both bags to deflate if it was my truck. But I’ve never had a need for airbags, so I’m trying to steer him in the right direction.
    Thanks!
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    The toolbox is a hell of an idea. Lol
    So when you go with the pump/manifold are the bags independent of each other? On the kit I just installed it’s one line with a schrader per bag. So if one gets a leak, the other side will still be aired up. I’m not sure that I like that. lol
    If you were to spring a leak I would think I’d want both bags to deflate if it was my truck. But I’ve never had a need for airbags, so I’m trying to steer him in the right direction.
    Thanks!
    The manifold airs them independently. They also have Schrader valves teed into them for backup.

I suppose you could connect both together if you wanted to, but then you'll get a lot of roll with a heavy load, because the air could move between bags.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    The manifold airs them independently. They also have Schrader valves teed into them for backup.

I suppose you could connect both together if you wanted to, but then you'll get a lot of roll with a heavy load, because the air could move between bags.
    That may be the case that they're aired independently, but there's only a single pressure setting on the controller i have that does both bags. So no 3 wheel gangsta lean. Lol
    www.TraysonsToybox.com