View Poll Results: What make is your primary tow vehicle?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • GM

57 34.76%
  • Ford

59 35.98%
  • Ram/Jeep

22 13.41%
  • Toyota

13 7.93%
  • Nissan

6 3.66%
  • Other

7 4.27%
Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by wired1236 View Post
    Let us know how it goes. I have a 2015 and am going through the same dilemma...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Shouldn't be too much longer and I'll have some detailed pics of the install and modification I'll do. I ordered from etrailers last Thursday evening and it was already in my state the next day. Good prices, Super fast and FREE shipping! It arrives tomorrow so I'll likely do the install next weekend and will report back.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default Tow Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Shouldn't be too much longer and I'll have some detailed pics of the install and modification I'll do. I ordered from etrailers last Thursday evening and it was already in my state the next day. Good prices, Super fast and FREE shipping! It arrives tomorrow so I'll likely do the install next weekend and will report back.

Cool. I posted this on another forum. I went this way instead. No cutting. Basically just taking off the old hitch and putting on the bumper mount with no hitch.

“2. Remove the stock bumper/hitch assembly and purchase a new assembly w/o the stock hitch (Ford p/n HL3Z17D826D) , basically taking my stock hitch off then and buy the Curt (or similar) class IV hitch and install them both. Pros being it will look and function on the truck a lot better. Cons, more $$ and more work.

Only cost me $158.00

Default Tow Vehicle

I asked my local dales guy about it. For some reason they won’t swap the hitch for us here at the dealership (if I bought a truck from him. We’re still considering options).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Matt0520; 03-25-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    --
    2019 Craz

Pics of the new hitch and wiring adapter...

5B778B0B-5463-482E-9D66-0ABEABA0B43A.jpg

7BAE1634-E22C-4608-B7E8-B2563EA865E5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wired1236 View Post
    Cool. I posted this on another forum. I went this way instead. No cutting. Basically just taking off the old hitch and putting on the bumper mount with no hitch.

“2. Remove the stock bumper/hitch assembly and purchase a new assembly w/o the stock hitch (Ford p/n HL3Z17D826D) , basically taking my stock hitch off then and buy the Curt (or similar) class IV hitch and install them both. Pros being it will look and function on the truck a lot better. Cons, more $$ and more work.

Only cost me $158.00

I'm aware I could have bought the extra Ford bracketd but I think I can save myself the extra $158 and just cut off what I don't need and then remount the bumper. Nobody would know the wiser unless they looked under my truck and noticed the cut edge. A little black paint and primer should blend it all in. It should function the same as a truck without factory tow package.
    Last edited by haknslash; 03-25-2019 at 09:08 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Sorry for the delay on getting an updates with the hitch upgrade. Unfortunately yesterday we had to put down our 14 year old family dog and it has been so hard grieving and trying to adjust to life again.

I figured this was the perfect time to install the hitch and help keep my mind busy. I've got a bunch of pics I'll post in a more formal thread of its own to be easier for others to search and find in the future but here are some progress pics of removing the rear bumper, cutting off the factory tow hitch and temporarily mounting the Curt Class IV hitch to ensure everything will work. Happy to report this mod will work fine just as I had hoped!

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default Tow Vehicle

Very sorry to hear about your dog. Always a tough thing to do. Just remember all the amazing days your dog gave to you and your family. They are amazing family members!!!

Glad your hitch project is successful

Last edited by larry_arizona; 04-07-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Very sorry to hear about your dog. Always a tough thing to do. Just remember all the amazing days your dog gave to you and your family. They are amazing family members!!!

Glad your hitch project is successful

Thanks Larry for the kind words!!! Keeping myself busy has helped a lot. I hate every time I walk in my house I expect to see or hear him coming to greet me but I know it will get a little easier each day. Too many good memories to remember with him!

BTW thanks again for reaching out to me on the hitch. Never would have crossed my mind otherwise.

Got the hitch all installed, torqued and ready to go. Now I just need to order the heavy duty draw bar and the truck will be ready for the new boat! Please excuse the filthy truck lol.

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Finally can contribute a photo. This was the day I hauled the Moomba home from TX (4.5 hrs) not really clean, but the newest photo I have.
    '17 3.5, AFE CAI, 5* tune, King shocks & coilovers, bunch of aftermarket stuff.

‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Quote Originally Posted by BrentC5Z View Post
    Finally can contribute a photo. This was the day I hauled the Moomba home from TX (4.5 hrs) not really clean, but the newest photo I have.
    '17 3.5, AFE CAI, 5* tune, King shocks & coilovers, bunch of aftermarket stuff.

King Coilovers are expensive high end stuff. Do you actually use your truck offroad? What kinda wheelin' do you do with it? I can't imagine spending money on King for a street queen...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    King Coilovers are expensive high end stuff. Do you actually use your truck offroad? What kinda wheelin' do you do with it? I can't imagine spending money on King for a street queen...
    It gets used. Just tow the boat and go play in it. Still has under 13,000 miles.
    After this pic was taken, I pulled the Fox stuff and went with King. Compression adjustable remote reservoirs, Baja Kits controls arms, Deavers, etc.

‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV