View Poll Results: What make is your primary tow vehicle?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • GM

57 34.76%
  • Ford

59 35.98%
  • Ram/Jeep

22 13.41%
  • Toyota

13 7.93%
  • Nissan

6 3.66%
  • Other

7 4.27%
Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Vehicle

Default Tow Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    Well after thinking my 1500 was plenty it’s dead.
    2018 gmc Denali 1500 6.2l V8 8 speed.
    2 injectors failing at 38k miles
    Not covered under my bumper to bumper warranty
    The parts are unavailable and they couldn’t put an exact time frame on how long it would take to get them until they blew the truck apart

Already sold the truck as is though thank gosh for this crazy market
    Absolutely should be covered by powertrain warranty. Factory injectors are like $60 each and available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 08-03-2021 at 10:23 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Well after thinking my 1500 was plenty it’s dead.
    2018 gmc Denali 1500 6.2l V8 8 speed.
    2 injectors failing at 38k miles
    Not covered under my bumper to bumper warranty
    The parts are unavailable and they couldn’t put an exact time frame on how long it would take to get them until they blew the truck apart

Already sold the truck as is though thank gosh for this crazy market
    Yeah how the hell can they deny warranty for bad injectors after only 38k miles??? Did they give you an explanation?

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Pretty much everything on the truck is covered. Except the injectors. Also I read up on it apparently this is pretty common with that truck. The whole thing put a bad taste in my mouth so I think I’m going to go Ford or ram. Probably Ford. Also diesel this round

Also quoted the job between $800-2500
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Pretty much everything on the truck is covered. Except the injectors. Also I read up on it apparently this is pretty common with that truck. The whole thing put a bad taste in my mouth so I think I’m going to go Ford or ram. Probably Ford. Also diesel this round

Also quoted the job between $800-2500
    sure it's the same as the 6.2 in my 'maro. injectors fall under the emissions warranty of 3/50k-lots of guys that have had luck getting them swapped out for that piece of the warranty but sometimes with some dealers it takes some "pushing".
    assume with an '18 that your inservice date is prior to the issue coming up?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I have changed injectors on many of vette's and trucks. It takes 1-2 hrs to do all of them, pressure test/leak test, and back to driving. Parts can be bought aftermarket at better quality and while you are there throw a turner to it and be able to tow better.

I hope you didn't lose you a$$ on selling it. It was clearly a $300 fix at most from any good shop (non-dealer).

Summit racing has them in stock also.
    Last edited by Holdmybeer; 08-04-2021 at 07:11 AM.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    I have changed injectors on many of vette's and trucks. It takes 1-2 hrs to do all of them, pressure test/leak test, and back to driving. Parts can be bought aftermarket at better quality and while you are there throw a turner to it and be able to tow better.

I hope you didn't lose you a$$ on selling it. It was clearly a $300 fix at most from any good shop (non-dealer).

Slightly more involved on a direct injection 6.2, but very doable.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

No way it is harder than my Duramax! Just saying....

And 1/8 the cost!
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post

I came out smiling, actually didn't really lose any money at all

It wasn't so much the cost of the repair but the fact they wouldn't stand behind their product and then are the new injectors just going to go out in another 40k miles?

Also I've always been a diesel guy since my last 2005 duramax however haven't been able to justify it so letting it go wasn't hard for me. I live at about 4000' and the lake I go to is 40mins and 1200' so the mountain down is pretty steep. Since I didn't get electric breaks I could use some breaking help anyways.

Im really leaning towards a 2022 F250 platinum right now, used prices are crazy so at least if you order a truck you won't have to overpay?
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

It wasn't so much the cost of the repair but the fact they wouldn't stand behind their product and then are the new injectors just going to go out in another 40k miles?

Also I've always been a diesel guy since my last 2005 duramax however haven't been able to justify it so letting it go wasn't hard for me. I live at about 4000' and the lake I go to is 40mins and 1200' so the mountain down is pretty steep. Since I didn't get electric breaks I could use some breaking help anyways.

Im really leaning towards a 2022 F250 platinum right now, used prices are crazy so at least if you order a truck you won't have to overpay?
    I'm glad the market was kind to you and you made out good. As far as the anger from not standing by their product, I get it 100%.
    If you go Diesel, drive them all. I have been shopping new trucks the last month and they all have good and bad things about them. I haul some heavy equipment in my free time, but nothing that would require a dually with the new load ratings and power output. So getting rid of 2 tires for me is a big maintenance win.

Ford is a good choice and the 10 speed in it and the GM trucks are awesome. I still don't like the super duty interior though. Ram has the interior game, but you have to by the 3500 to get the Aisin trans which ups the price quickly. Good luck shopping. But my LMM Duramax has had zero issues compared to my previous LLY. Hard the knock the GM Duramax powerplant, but they already lost you so....
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I love my '17 250 and it's been my dd since Day 1. PSD is a hoss.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX