View Poll Results: What make is your primary tow vehicle?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • GM

57 34.76%
  • Ford

59 35.98%
  • Ram/Jeep

22 13.41%
  • Toyota

13 7.93%
  • Nissan

6 3.66%
  • Other

7 4.27%
Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Vehicle

So after looking hard at the SRT Cherokee, Denali, Tahoe, Escalade, Land Rover, etc etc, we changed directions a little and brought this one home yesterday.

Pretty hilarious - after they took a look at the old Navigator while we were out test driving, the sales guy comes back with "any idea what that loud knocking sound is?"

Me: "Hmmm, nope. Maybe an exhaust leak?" (yeah, or shot cam phasers, timing chains, cam followers, cam, oil pump, and on and on)

Goodbye old Nav, you were fun while you lasted.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Finally made the jump to a diesel. I didn’t know what I was missing (well actually I did). Never again will I own a gas truck. Too bad boating season is coming to an end in Ohio. I am looking forward to towing as much as boating now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    Finally made the jump to a diesel. I didn’t know what I was missing (well actually I did). Never again will I own a gas truck. Too bad boating season is coming to an end in Ohio. I am looking forward to towing as much as boating now!

Nice Rig!!

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post

Congrats on the new ride

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am not a GM guy, but that is a great looking 3/4 ton!! I think the Chevy front end is so much cooler looking than the front end on the GMC 2500. My buddy bought a new GMC AT4 2500, but I like the looks of the Chevy better.

Congrats, now you can look down on those 1/2 gasers.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    I am not a GM guy, but that is a great looking 3/4 ton!! I think the Chevy front end is so much cooler looking than the front end on the GMC 2500. My buddy bought a new GMC AT4 2500, but I like the looks of the Chevy better.

Congrats, now you can look down on those 1/2 gasers.
    Thanks! I think the same thing. At first I didn’t like the front end of the Chevy’s, but after I saw this one with the all chrome grill it really grew on me. I definitely like the running and head lights better on the Chevy then the GMC. The rims and tires make the truck in my opinion. That was a hard sell to the wife, but hey, who needs Christmas and Birthday presents anyway.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Did some updated to the F150 lately. Put on Firestone ride rite air bags and installed the air lift wireless air 2 compressor and remote. Also put on bilstein 5100s all the way around with the front set a 2.1” of rise. Plan is to do nee tires when I get home work next. Going from a 275/55R20 to a 285/60R20. Looking at Toyo OC AT3.

Before level
    After level

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Looks great with the level! I too am looking at the Toto OC AT3 for the next set.

I’ve never need bags for the boat but my enclosed trailer has some serious tongue weight. Nice to hit the button and level up isn’t it.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Looks great with the level! I too am looking at the Toto OC AT3 for the next set.

I’ve never need bags for the boat but my enclosed trailer has some serious tongue weight. Nice to hit the button and level up isn’t it.
    I did the bags mainly because with the level, I don’t want the rear sagging below the front when towing the boat. And the convenience of the onboard compressor with a remote control with presets is amazing.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

rd, looks good. I've been contemplating doing something with the chevy. the ramps here are super shallow and my ass end is in the water when dumping the boat so want to get it a little higher with a bigger hitch drop.
    I think the way you went is what I have been looking at. any downside to the "lift" in the front? really want this truck to run another 10 years for me and seems there's pros and cons to even a slight lift.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten