View Poll Results: What make is your primary tow vehicle?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • GM

39 35.45%
  • Ford

36 32.73%
  • Ram/Jeep

15 13.64%
  • Toyota

10 9.09%
  • Nissan

5 4.55%
  • Other

5 4.55%
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Tow Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by wired1236 View Post
    Let us know how it goes. I have a 2015 and am going through the same dilemma...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Shouldn't be too much longer and I'll have some detailed pics of the install and modification I'll do. I ordered from etrailers last Thursday evening and it was already in my state the next day. Good prices, Super fast and FREE shipping! It arrives tomorrow so I'll likely do the install next weekend and will report back.

2019 Max on order

Default Tow Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Shouldn't be too much longer and I'll have some detailed pics of the install and modification I'll do. I ordered from etrailers last Thursday evening and it was already in my state the next day. Good prices, Super fast and FREE shipping! It arrives tomorrow so I'll likely do the install next weekend and will report back.

Cool. I posted this on another forum. I went this way instead. No cutting. Basically just taking off the old hitch and putting on the bumper mount with no hitch.

“2. Remove the stock bumper/hitch assembly and purchase a new assembly w/o the stock hitch (Ford p/n HL3Z17D826D) , basically taking my stock hitch off then and buy the Curt (or similar) class IV hitch and install them both. Pros being it will look and function on the truck a lot better. Cons, more $$ and more work.

Only cost me $158.00

Default Tow Vehicle

I asked my local dales guy about it. For some reason they won’t swap the hitch for us here at the dealership (if I bought a truck from him. We’re still considering options).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Matt0520; Yesterday at 11:58 AM.
    --
    2019 Craz

Pics of the new hitch and wiring adapter...

5B778B0B-5463-482E-9D66-0ABEABA0B43A.jpg

7BAE1634-E22C-4608-B7E8-B2563EA865E5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wired1236 View Post
    Cool. I posted this on another forum. I went this way instead. No cutting. Basically just taking off the old hitch and putting on the bumper mount with no hitch.

“2. Remove the stock bumper/hitch assembly and purchase a new assembly w/o the stock hitch (Ford p/n HL3Z17D826D) , basically taking my stock hitch off then and buy the Curt (or similar) class IV hitch and install them both. Pros being it will look and function on the truck a lot better. Cons, more $$ and more work.

Only cost me $158.00

I'm aware I could have bought the extra Ford bracketd but I think I can save myself the extra $158 and just cut off what I don't need and then remount the bumper. Nobody would know the wiser unless they looked under my truck and noticed the cut edge. A little black paint and primer should blend it all in. It should function the same as a truck without factory tow package.
    Last edited by haknslash; Yesterday at 09:08 PM.
    2019 Max on order