Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Custom sub enclosure

Does anyone know of someone that makes a sub enclosure that will fit into a 18 mojo I’m looking to install one but can’t find a good reputable installer in my area so I hoping there’s someone whose makes boxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We built our own

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Custom sub enclosure

No one mass produces one that is made specifically for any boat.

eBay has a guy that makes some good quality ones specific to subs. For example, a JLw7 built to JL specs. You would have to find a way to fit it in your mojo. He sells them with carpet but if you contact him he will send raw. Then you spray it with waterproofing.

To have both specific to sub and specific to boat would have to be a custom installer.

2017 Supra SA

I contacted Hydrotunes with hopes that they’ll build me a box and faceplate and ship it to me

I bought a Qpower sub box off of Ebay that was really close to the specs that my sub called for. It is rhino lined black and with the sub grill, looks pretty nice under the helm.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I had mine custom built at a local shop to the specs and size for exile for the xlv

Turned out great
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

What are people building boxes out of for marine environment? Mdf or something else?

The people in the know will definitely say no to the MDF. They will show examples of the inside swelling from moisture even if the outside is painted. I used marine grade plywood, spraypainted the inside and truck bed liner on the outside.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Check with either of the Earmark Marine TX stores. The trick is if a shop has done 2-3 in-house and have the gross external dimensions and shape down to a tee. Also depends if they did a mild build that looked completely stock or did they do a more aggressive woofer setup that required some modification and custom facade. This makes it very difficult to do an enclosure thats shipping out to a DIY customer unless they are prepared for some extra fab work once the enclosure is delivered.

As to the material used. I prefer a high quality ply over MDF. Either way, its all in the preparation and execution. Prep the box right, install it right, it should last.

I just want to get a sub in the boat I’m totally ok with it looking stock I still have my fingers crossed for Hydrotunes taking on the job