Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Default 2018 Moomba and Supra TX Jam!

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Yes it works, but hot is still hot. The dark graphite on the SL was pretty warm. But it’s all relative. Maybe I’m just a sensitive sally. Lol
    I will say, compared to the black swim deck cover they left on the boat, the graphite was an ice cube! That was pretty impressive. But would I buy a boat with a dark interior now...? Probly not is where I’m leaning.
    I’m just jabbing at all the people who say it doesn’t work. It’s tested so that black is not as hot as regular white in the sun. I don’t see how that is debatable?

No one is saying you would order a dark interior, but maybe you don’t like dark colors? But your dark interior according to the testing would be less hot in the same sun then a white interior of old vinyl.

Pretty straight forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another key tenant is, like you mentioned, it cools immediately upon touch. So it doesn’t matter how hot it is—it’s not going to burn your skin until you manage to jump up and scream—because of its rapid cooling.

But whatever, it’s on the new Supras so that’s a good thing in my eyes!

Yea the rapid cooling was pretty slick. If I end up with a new boat I’m gonna wait until someone gets that sweet looking black and blue set up interior and beg them to let me spend a day on it with them so I can try it with worst case scenario colors! Lol that’ll be the true test...
    wish I could have surfed that SE with Cactus, but we were having such a good time on the SA I lost track of it until it was time to drain the bags. Lindsay was ropeless most of the day and had some cool looking bottom turns as she was learning to use the wave to control her speed. I swear she must have surfed for 4-5 miles on one of her runs. I just need to snag all her pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Yea the rapid cooling was pretty slick. If I end up with a new boat I’m gonna wait until someone gets that sweet looking black and blue set up interior and beg them to let me spend a day on it with them so I can try it with worst case scenario colors! Lol that’ll be the true test...

But...it will be cooler on the same day than the best case scenario colors of your current boat....so.....not sure what is being tested about cool touch.

SUMMARY: 2019 BLACK tested cooler than 2018 WHITE.

Unless folks simply don’t believe the testing—I am not sure where the skepticism comes from?

Have some of these if anyone here would like to support the cause. $25 shipped per hat. Send me a PM

HAT (2).jpg
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

A few pictures from the weekend

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    But...it will be cooler on the same day than the best case scenario colors of your current boat....so.....not sure what is being tested about cool touch.

SUMMARY: 2019 BLACK tested cooler than 2018 WHITE.

Unless folks simply don’t believe the testing—I am not sure where the skepticism comes from?

It comes from research. For dark colored vinyl to be cool in the sun, there must be some type of clear membrane that reflects most wavelengths that is normally being absorbed. I would say with microfibers and all that they have that design down. I wish they had it in leather as my car seats are hotter than the dickens until the AC flows through them.

http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=4010
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

A few more shots

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Great aerials. A lot of money sitting in those pictures. At least $1.3M.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD