Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default New tow rig search

Any forum members know someone who works at a GMC dealer? I'm looking to get a new Sierra 1500 SLT premium plus crew cab 4WD and figured I'd see if anyone had any connections to help get a really good deal. Also please don't reply if you're going to suggest different brands and such as I don't want this to turn into a brand fight thread. There are a lot of great truck brands out there and I've researched for a long time, and this ends up being the one I want.

Thanks!
    2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings

not sure where you are at in wisconsin but I bought my '16 chevy silverado as a year old trade in this last january from bergstrom gmc in green bay. overall experience was very good there. no connections for discounts but I as well shopped long and hard, drove trucks from all 3 majors, settled on chevy/gmc and in the end the best deal on a year old under 12k mile truck came from them after shopping from gb to madison. their pricing seemed very good.

good luck.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks. Yeah I'm actually looking nationwide because I've seen prices in other states for what a 2 to 3 year old with 30k to 40k miles costs here. But buying over the phone is proving to be more difficult than I expected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you probably know this already but if buying new, calling the dealership will get you nowhere. salesmen are motivated by what's in front of them, not a phone call. use the online sales person most dealerships have nowadays. you will get better service and callbacks most of the time.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Since doing a gm product it would be great to find one with max tow package. Adds airbags and a few other goodies ( assuming pickup is same as Tahoe max package)

2017 Supra SA

From what I read, adding the max trailer to a premium plus SLT sierra adds 300 lbs of payload and 1700 lbs of towing capacity. I believe all that really changed is the axle size and revised shocks/springs. Since the 9100 towing/1760 payload is plenty for my 2008 LSV, I will likely not get the max trailering.

Sandm, I actually didn't know that. I will see how it goes with the online chat. I thought that was just for info but for working out pricing you had to talk to a salesperson on the phone. Thanks for the info!

Default New tow rig search

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    From what I read, adding the max trailer to a premium plus SLT sierra adds 300 lbs of payload and 1700 lbs of towing capacity. I believe all that really changed is the axle size and revised shocks/springs. Since the 9100 towing/1760 payload is plenty for my 2008 LSV, I will likely not get the max trailering.

True. Just watch the gears. Big change from 3.08 to 3.42. Maybe it’s 3.42 in premium plus package. I am not too familiar with that package.

Are you looking for 6.2L?

http://m.gmc.com/trailering-towing/towing-charts.html

Last edited by russellsmojo; 12-29-2017 at 06:01 PM.
    2017 Supra SA

Yup, premium plus is the 3.42. Without that it drops to 6100 lbs. And I totally understand, pretty sure the trims and package system is setup just to confuse everyone haha. I know nothing of tahoe packages so the feeling is mutual.

Tried the online thing, she just ended up asking for my phone and email after she gets with her sales team haha. Oh well