Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have had good luck with the online chat. it lets them know you are serious and the chat person will have some followup to ensure you are getting responded to.
    better luck than just calling.

I opted for the z71 package on my chevy- not sure what that all entails but it has the trailer brake controller incab which leads me to believe it's a tow package. salesman told me that the z71 means it's set up to tow. I towed my old '12 tige 22ve from wisconsin to slc in may. averaged 9.5mpg's and truck pulls solid at 75mph's all day long.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I have done transactions over the phone and internet with the last one including a trade in. Find the vehicle with the package you want and work the price. Then give the local dealer an opportunity to beat it without divulging the dealer you are working with. Where I live, I have the Salt Lake City area and the Portland area where I have had good success. Buying new there should be no surprises. The best price would be with someone who works for corporate and deliver the truck to your local dealer. Cars are much cheaper than dealers can get them. Good luck in your search.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Thanks guys. Sandm I dunno if the z71 is considered a towing suspension, pretty sure it is setup so that you don't feel the bumps. But the premium plus I'm looking for has it and I know many people that have it with no towing issues. Actually it can really help resale because it is a recognized feature. Zabooda, good to know. I was watching prices for the past year waiting for approval from the boss so I have an idea of what prices I should be able to get. Now just a matter of where to find them. The best dealer prices I've seen are in st Louis and Houston. Dennis Dillon in Boise was pretty good too, but that is a haul for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings

I have bought 3 vehicles from dennis dillon over the years and where my last '00 ford tow rig came from when I bought it in '07. they are a good outfit if you end up using them..

they also have a killer boat selection as the RV dealership side finances the boat business although not sure they have a good new boat buyer as they ventured into Gekko a few years ago and don't believe they ever sold the initial setup order.

Not sure how far your willing my to go , but people travel from all over the country to get these prices . This listed prices are what you get really no negotiating

http://m.simmons-rockwell.com/gmc?p=4
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Start a chat with the GMC.com inventory person they can find you a truck and will give you the dealer name. Call and ask for the new car manager and give him the provided Vin and have him controlled they have it and email you pricing. This cuts out the back and forth of a sales person and most of the time they are the only ones that can hold a car until sold. I looked at the normal GMC dealer we work with they only have a 2017 Denali left with a $14k discount. The SALT are listed customs.

Default New tow rig search

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    I looked at the normal GMC dealer we work with they only have a 2017 Denali left with a $14k discount.
    $14k off cracks me up. Think about all the 2017 trucks sold with “$100 profit”. Or better yet “we are taking a loss on this one for you taking $5k off”.

Over a persons lifetime we will buy many cars. It would a good high school or college class on how a dealership operates. I wish I would have sold cars for a month just to see what all is going on behind the scenes.

2017 Supra SA

not sure a month of selling cars would really give you an insight into the finance side. there are many back door kickbacks that happen after the fact that I would bet the finance manager/accounting manager does not share with the salesmen.
    it is a very interesting business model.

when I was shopping for mine in jan 16, I looked at a couple of new chevys. they were, rough and tough, 10k off msrp. one dealer in Kaukauna Wi had a '15 left- brand new. one would think it would be discounted even greater but it was full msrp with no discounts. sales manager told me that chevy was not kicking back on '15's anymore and dealership was not willing to cough up the money. wonder how long it really sat there...

Your are correct on a month, speaking more figuratively than anything. Just would like to know more about what’s really going.

OP I looked around here and did not see any with premier plus package. One I saw in Houston was like sandman is saying...premier plus was more than a Denali they have on the lot. Taking like $12k off Denali and none off plus.

2017 Supra SA

I don't even look at MSRP, it almost seems like a fake number haha. What I have done for the last year was used Autotrader to find dealers that seemed to offer the best prices and then checked in from time to time to see what pricing is like. around the model year end, I saw SLT premium plus for $40500 so i know it is possible, just a matter of how badly a dealer needs to sell i guess. I actually saved the webpages, and it looks like they are around $16k off MSRP.
    2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings