Default Troubleshoot Hesitation

Hi everyone. I got my new to me 2007 XLV with a 340 in August. Pretty soon after getting it I noticed a slight hesitation on rapid throttle advancement. If it were carbed I would be looking at the accelerator pump or fuel pump. I tested fuel pressure and it came back normal from idle to WOT. Changed fuel filter twice(cut both open and didn't find anything), cap and rotor. Plugs and wires look good. Air filter is clean. My best guess is bad gas at the bottom of the tank getting stirred up. I got a fuel filter / water separator and plugs/wires to install in spring and plan to pull floor and inspect tank prior to prior to dewinterizing.

fill it up with good gas and use a treatment like HEET. that should help out with any gas issues.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

unfortunately with EFI, unless you can data log and tune, hesitations are hard to pin point. Unlike carbs with the accelerator pump, you're relying on the computer to tell everything what to do. And with the older school systems that aren't fly by wire throttles, the throttle position sensor is the main source for issues like you have. I'd pull it, clean it with some electronics safe cleaner (Mass airflow sensor cleaner is best) and try it again. If that doesn't help, buy a new one. I'd put a paycheck on it being a rheostatic internal sensor, so it's nothing you can save. They're wear items.
    If you took some time I'd bet you could find a matching one at oreillys or Advance for way cheaper than Indmar will sell you one
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

tps in the throttle body, or the unit reading from the cable for the DBW?

TPS on the throttle body. Oreillys will have one in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk