Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2018 Moomba Craz

I just put a hold on an 18' Craz today. The boat gets in on the 13th. The last boat I had was a 08' X-15 that we sold 2 years ago. After being around a Supra SA last summer I am completely sold on Supra. I just don't want to spend the money on the Supra. How does the Craz compare as far as surf, board, and general comfort? Anything I should watch out for or be aware of on the Craz?

You'll love it. It's a really versatile boat. It surfs and wakeboards VERY well. Clean wake at low speeds for the kids, big wake for the adults. It's way more wake than I can handle with my few inverts at 22mph and full ballast. I dont mean full stock ballast though, you will likely want to upgrade the bags and work it into the deal. The surf wave is great too.

There are a number of guys on the forum with this boat that have been fine tuning since 2016, so if you have any specific questions, ask away.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Our biggest frustration with our X-15 was the wake whether surfing or boarding. The 18' Craz comes stock with 3000# of ballast plus surf tabs and wake plate. Will I need to add weight to the ballast? None of us are near pro level but we do want a clean wake to ride with.

From what I have seen from the interior it is not near as nice as a Supra. It is as nice if not nicer than our old X-15 so I am not too concerned about the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by jhart785 View Post
    Our biggest frustration with our X-15 was the wake whether surfing or boarding. The 18' Craz comes stock with 3000# of ballast plus surf tabs and wake plate. Will I need to add weight to the ballast? None of us are near pro level but we do want a clean wake to ride with.

From what I have seen from the interior it is not near as nice as a Supra. It is as nice if not nicer than our old X-15 so I am not too concerned about the interior.
    My first Moomba was a Craz, you will love it. You will want to add a little more weight for surfing as most will say. I just had an extra 240 in lead and it was enough for me to surf and wake. I expect you to report back on how much nicer and easier the Craz is rather then the X15. Don't forget to use the launch feature when going wake so the boat gets all the help it can to plane. It's a lot of weight for wakeboarding, the wake is money.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I would say minimum 3500 if you want a decent surf wave. With that additional weight going in the rear end of the boat. I ran that setup for the first month of ownership and it was a good wave with a large crew, but wasn't great with one or two in the boat. The wave starts to come alive around 3500 and performs best with 4500+ pounds of ballast.

3000 will get the job done very well for wakeboarding though.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

If you can stretch to the SA, you won't be disappointed at all.

I've got an sa listed in the classifieds that's flawless and ready to move.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I have the 17 Craz. It is my first boat. I can tell you with no hesitation it has been the best summer of our lives. I test drove several boats before choosing this one. For the money compared to quality ratio. Moomba is perfect. I researched for 2 years before making my decision. Wakeboarding wave is super sweet. Adjusting the wave is easy to learn and mess with. I can surf the 3000lb ballast and I'm 235lbs. It depends a lot on the board and setup. The sweet spot on the surf wave is not very big with the 3000lb. The reason I know this is during a family function I had 15 people in the boat and the wave was crazy big with a lot of push. I was able to surf 5 feet from the boat all the way back to about 20 feet. For the money (boats are extremely expensive) I do not regret my purchase no one bit. And on top of that, I have had guys with Nautique, Tige, Master Craft, Malibu tell me how good looking my boat was. Just saying!
    2017 Moomba Craz
    Max Surf edition
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X

I have a 16 very happy with it. Bigger bags are a must

My Craz surfed out of the box, lacked a little push but damn the shape was amazing.

13442257_269954166728532_960158119172500300_n.jpg
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)