Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reason for witerizing

Its finally getting time to winterize the boat. I have an 03 mobius lsv and am trying to figure out why i need to winterize it.

If i understand correctly, winterizing is to get the water out of the engine so it doesnt crack somethibg when it freezes. But its not like there isnt any room for the water to expand when it freezes???

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stx.dead.I View Post
    Its finally getting time to winterize the boat. I have an 03 mobius lsv and am trying to figure out why i need to winterize it.

If i understand correctly, winterizing is to get the water out of the engine so it doesnt crack somethibg when it freezes. But its not like there isnt any room for the water to expand when it freezes???

That depends on where the water is... Lol
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Go without and see how it goes. If there is a problem, then you will know what to winterize.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

If your climate is such that you will experience freezing temps, you need to winterize, as in protect the engine systems from freezing. Along with that, there is often some end of season or regular maintenance items that need to be done.

so first and foremost, protect the engine from freezing temps if needed. Blocks do and will freeze. 2nd, regular hourly service if the boat will stay in use.

I don’t think there is any debate needed on water freezing motor parts. Therefore, if you live in an area that has temps that get below freezing then no debate needed about winterizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    I don’t think there is any debate needed on water freezing motor parts. Therefore, if you live in an area that has temps that get below freezing then no debate needed about winterizing.

And water freezing motor parts means what? What damages the motor exactly? Is it cracking parts due to the pressure created by the freezing water or is it somethung else?

And water freezing motor parts means what? What damages the motor exactly? Is it cracking parts due to the pressure created by the freezing water or is it somethung else?

Water expands when it freezes, it can crack the engine block. Aka you need a need engine.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Yeah we all winterize because we are bored and don't have anything else to do......
    The expansion force of freezing water can and will crack your engine block if you don't winterize and your area where your boat is gets below 0°C/32°F. Seeing as you apparently have no idea what winterizing is or how to do it, I seriously suggest you take it to a professional and have them do it before you screw something up and end up having to drop $5000 on replacing your entire engine.
    Here in Michigan we have had a few days below zero right now and we will not be above zero for the next two weeks, so if anyone in this area has not winterized their motor, then they are going to be shit out of luck!

2017 Moomba Craz

Yes. Cracking. Yes.

Cars have antifreeze or they would do same thing.

2017 Supra SA

Engine- 1/4" NPT plug on each side of the block
    Manifolds - Disconnect hose connecting both sides
    V-drive - Two 1/4" NPT plugs
    Ballast - Blow out lines
    Heater (if installed) - Blow out lines

There is info for winterizing info under How To Information.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI