Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

I thought each rear had 1000lb bag plus a 1000lb hard center locker tank with the bow unused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Quote Originally Posted by 13mobiusLSV View Post
    I thought each rear had 1000lb bag plus a 1000lb hard center locker tank with the bow unused.

It makes sense that there is a center bag and bow hard tank. I can see the center bag under the floor.

2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    It makes sense that there is a center bag and bow hard tank. I can see the center bag under the floor.

I remember Matt kept making comments in regards to why the max had so much potential because of all the available, unused storage if you really wanted to slam it.

2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

I found the thread where Matt talked about the ballast in the Max:

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    We have obviously been looking at the subfloor ballast for a while. We know that is a high value to our customers and the new Supra that will be released soon has a true subfloor ballast. You haven't seen this yet, but the new Max also has optional side storage bins that can be added to the sundeck compartments that basically make them subfloor ballast. Not quite the same, but honestly I think it is a design that most will really appreciate as you can still get to the bags if you need to. Hopefully we will have pics of that soon. As some have mentioned, until you see the Max, you will not appreciate how deep it is. The overall depth from deck to the hull bottom is about 44 inches on each side. Each rear bag holds 1000lbs. These side storage tubs are almost 16 inches deep and they can hold a LOT of lifejackets, ropes, bumpers, etc. I think once you see this, you will really like it.

In addition, the Max also has a 1000lb front bag that is completely under the front floor. There is no u-shaped bag in the front bow storage and that really opens up more clean storage up there as well. Hope you like it.
    And when I talked to the Moomba factory rep that took the Max to the Polar Bear, he told me that he put 600's under each seat piggybacked to the rear bags. 600 because of length. so like a 20x20x40 would be my guess. 4200 pounds of water ballast wouldn't suck.
    Last edited by trayson; 12-05-2017 at 01:16 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Moomba Max ballast question.

Some custom bags could get bananas in the Max. Somebody has to do this.

This thing has king of the hill potential.

Last edited by dakota4ce; 12-05-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Some custom bags could get bananas in the Max. Somebody has to do this.

Once I break it in and play with it I will do custom bags as needed.

You can see the bag in the center.

Keep in mind that when I was talking with the Moomba factory rep at Evening with the Stars, he said that just putting ridiculous weight in the rear wouldn't be optimal, that distributing the extra weight throughout the boat would be best. I really like the idea of midship ballast. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Looked at an SL this past weekend and all subfloor ballast are bags not hard tanks. I was told that they were getting away from hard tank use. To many leak issues. Each area had a small access panel where the bags could be removed if the ever needed to be,

Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    Looked at an SL this past weekend and all subfloor ballast are bags not hard tanks. I was told that they were getting away from hard tank use. To many leak issues. Each area had a small access panel where the bags could be removed if the ever needed to be,

I have not seen one, but it sounded like from someone else the subfloor isn’t a breathtaking placement under the floor, that it actually comes at a very significant reduction in locker depth.

Did this stick out to you?