Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I’ve been trying to dial in the wave on my max all summer and it is a bit finicky. I wasted a lot of time with autowake and am getting a much better and more consistent wave without it now.

An example from a couple weeks ago: I fill up all the ballast (including and extra 400lbs on each side and 400bs of lead in the bow so 4200lbs total with a few adults in the boat). I flip the surf switch to port and set cruise, autowake OFF, and adjust the tabs to get the wave looking GOOD. I jump in and my wife takes over at the helm, the wave is great. Good push and nice length, probably the furthest behind the boat I’ve been able to ride without having to pump like crazy. I start doing some turns and board slides and notice I’m starting to fight more to stay with the boat.

I eventually fall out of it and when my wife comes back around I notice the damn platform is out of the water. Wtf!?!? When she pulled away from me the first time it was completely submerged. I yell for her to stop and I jump in the boat, expecting to see a ballast switch got bumped with a knee or something. Nope, she turned on autowake so the speed display was larger, and my solid wave disappeared right from under my feet.

For your situation I would say put at least 600lbs of lead in the bow. Last weekend with the same ballast setup we had 8 adults in the boat (2 sitting in the bow) and the wave was amazing. My wife now knows where the speed is displayed on the ballast/tab screen!
    Good feedback z28ke.....thanks!

In my opinion the best wave is with the wake plate at 0 and the surftabs deployed just enough to clean up the wave (45-50 for regular, goofy 50-60).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    In my opinion the best wave is with the wake plate at 0 and the surftabs deployed just enough to clean up the wave (45-50 for regular, goofy 50-60).

Boonejeepin, how much length does your wave end up with? I can see where those settings would make the wave pushy and pretty tall, but when we tried similar settings, rideable wave length was short. You are running a 600 lb bow sack, right?

I completely agree *IF you have enough bow weight. From my experience with only 400 extra lbs of lead in the bow and an extra 800lbs +crew in the rear, I need about 10-15% on the wakeplate to lengthen the pocket (without increasing speed to the point it’s hard to stay with the boat) if I don’t have any adults sitting up front.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I completely agree *IF you have enough bow weight. From my experience with only 400 extra lbs of lead in the bow and an extra 800lbs +crew in the rear, I need about 10-15% on the wakeplate to lengthen the pocket (without increasing speed to the point it’s hard to stay with the boat) if I don’t have any adults sitting up front.
    True. The Max really wants a ton of weight and naturally digs the rear into the water. It takes quite a bit of bow weight to bring the nose back down.

True. The Max really wants a ton of weight and naturally digs the rear into the water. It takes quite a bit of bow weight to bring the nose back down.

Well we put 850lbs of ballast plus a couple of kids in the bow of nebroncriders max and along with other 5000 lbs of ballast, the thing finally decided to surf! Pretty fair on both sides...thanks for the help everyone!

Just ordered a 18' Max. Having it setup with :
    - 1100s in the rear
    - 950s under middle seats
    - standard 1100 belly
    - 400s each side in bow

Should this work? Any recommendations anyone? Could i get more weigh in the bow somehow? Do I need to?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMirror View Post
    Just ordered a 18' Max. Having it setup with :
    - 1100s in the rear
    - 950s under middle seats
    - standard 1100 belly
    - 400s each side in bow

Should this work? Any recommendations anyone? Could i get more weigh in the bow somehow? Do I need to?

Thanks
    I am not sure that the 950s under the side seats or the w 400s in the bow will fill al the way but the should serve you well. You may want to consider a IBS rather than 2 bags under the bow seats but in the end weight is weight.

You may find that you need more weight in the rear(or less in the front) to get the height you want from your wake. I don’t think you will need more bow weight. But test it out. Testing is a lot of the fun.

The Max loves weigh and comes alive with lots of it.

Interesting; why the IBS over the bags? And which IBS would you recommend?

------------------------------------
    2018 Moomba Max (5925lbs ballast)
    2013 Tigé RZ2 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMirror View Post
    Interesting; why the IBS over the bags? And which IBS would you recommend?

Whatever fits and fills the most. I have a 500 IBS. A bigger bag would likely work but I have not tested any other size. Most 400s will be too tall for under the seats, especially with the floor design in the Max since it is raised a bit. It will also bit weight closer to the bow.