Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Yea, I forgot about that when I bought the SA. Same thing with my old 24SSV. It's way heavier. I sure hope they bring a max to the Jam that's out on the water!
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

MAX owners and going to be owners this is a public service announcement... I got a chance to shoot the shit with Spencer W. from WakeMakers at the UT Boat show. I have witnessed the first render of a ballast bag upgrade where you wont have to drill through the fiberglass for the under seat extension. There was a little hint of a weight range close to 1600 lbs a side without losing the added trays if you opt for them. Not confirmed but sounds like they are working on a plug and play for the bow also.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    MAX owners and going to be owners this is a public service announcement... I got a chance to shoot the shit with Spencer W. from WakeMakers at the UT Boat show. I have witnessed the first render of a ballast bag upgrade where you wont have to drill through the fiberglass for the under seat extension. There was a little hint of a weight range close to 1600 lbs a side without losing the added trays if you opt for them. Not confirmed but sounds like they are working on a plug and play for the bow also.
    *♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Now BrettLee HAS to buy one... lmao
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Now BrettLee HAS to buy one... lmao
    Yep already told my wife why we HAVE to Buy one

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Hey Boonejeepin was you using auto Wake? And what was the pitch and roll at also how fast was you running? Also the amp. Sorry for all the questions but just got a Max and am trying to dial it in. Not having a lot of luck yet. But of coarse I want the biggest, pushy wave I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebroncrider View Post
    Hey Boonejeepin was you using auto Wake? And what was the pitch and roll at also how fast was you running? Also the amp. Sorry for all the questions but just got a Max and am trying to dial it in. Not having a lot of luck yet. But of coarse I want the biggest, pushy wave I can get.
    I generally do not use Autowake for surfing. I love it for wakeboarding and cruising.

I don’t use it for surfing as I generally have the bags 100% full, lead in the same place, and generally a small crew (not many people moving around). I like to run at 11-12mph. Running up to ~5800lbs of ballast when the crew is light. I run with the center plate at 0 and the surf tabs at 50 when regular and 60 on the goofy side.

2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Thanks for the info

Default Max ballast

Quote Originally Posted by Nebroncrider View Post
    Thanks for the info
    IÂ’ve been working on nebroncriderÂ’s Max setup......we have put in about 6 to 8 hours of surfing/dialing in on his Max and I must say itÂ’s been tough to get a good wave.....yesterday we had a small crew of three adults 550 lbs total and 2 kids 120 lbs total. We had all stock ballast full 3000lbs, 200 lbs lead under both rear bag, 200 lbs of lead under each side seat. A 750lb flyhigh under surfside side seat, 400 lb flyhigh under off side side seat, 400lbs of lead in the front of the bow, and 280 lbs of lead that I would move around in the cabin as needed...5600 + of ballast! Goofy wave is fair at best...regular is just ok... we were using autowakeÂ’s pitch and roll of 7.5 on pitch and 5 on the roll. I kept the factory bags full by moving lead around to maintain pitch/roll. We ran 60 to 70 on the surf tab and 15 to 40 on the center tab running at 11.5 to 12.5 mph.
    We can make the wave have decent push but the length is short. Maybe 116 to 18 foot to the curl....weight the front to lengthen the wave and the push and height go away....seems like it needs more weight to sink this fat pig deeper in the water.....anyone else been fighting this????? Maybe our expectations were to high....

I’ve been trying to dial in the wave on my max all summer and it is a bit finicky. I wasted a lot of time with autowake and am getting a much better and more consistent wave without it now.

An example from a couple weeks ago: I fill up all the ballast (including and extra 400lbs on each side and 400bs of lead in the bow so 4200lbs total with a few adults in the boat). I flip the surf switch to port and set cruise, autowake OFF, and adjust the tabs to get the wave looking GOOD. I jump in and my wife takes over at the helm, the wave is great. Good push and nice length, probably the furthest behind the boat I’ve been able to ride without having to pump like crazy. I start doing some turns and board slides and notice I’m starting to fight more to stay with the boat.

I eventually fall out of it and when my wife comes back around I notice the damn platform is out of the water. Wtf!?!? When she pulled away from me the first time it was completely submerged. I yell for her to stop and I jump in the boat, expecting to see a ballast switch got bumped with a knee or something. Nope, she turned on autowake so the speed display was larger, and my solid wave disappeared right from under my feet.

For your situation I would say put at least 600lbs of lead in the bow. Last weekend with the same ballast setup we had 8 adults in the boat (2 sitting in the bow) and the wave was amazing. My wife now knows where the speed is displayed on the ballast/tab screen!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018