Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

That is what I am unofficially saying...
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    That is what I am unofficially saying...
    I officially appreciate the unofficial insight!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    So are you saying that if you want to piggyback some mid-under seat ballast into the rear bags, that it'd be best to get new custom rear bags with more ports so that the mid bags have the ability to flow into the rear bags? Because the stock rear bags aren't gonna have those extra ports for piggybacking currently?
    That’s how I read it and Incan confirm that there are not any extra ports in the rear bags now.

From the limited time on the water I can see what Goose. The boat already sits low in the rear at surf speed. I think adding the weight further forward would be a really good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Hey guys. I would recommend spending the majority of the time getting the middle bags correct. You could probably add a few hundred pounds to the rear bags, but if you make the rear bags any bigger, then you will not be able to use the current drop in trays that go over the factory rear bags. Granted, you might not want to use the rear drop in trays, but after using the boat quite a bit, I HIGHLY recommend the drop in trays. It is hard to visualize just how deep those rear storage compartments are. IF you actually put anything into those compartments like a jacket or something, and then drain the ballast, you physically have to get in the rear compartment to get it. You can NOT lean over and actually reach the bottom and this is where those drop in trays really come in handy. The trays are deep enough to hold all the life jackets, ropes, buoys you would need and you can still access them when the ballast is full or empty. Again, I have used other boats with "subfloor" ballast, but even in those, getting items out of the rear storage is NOT easy, especially if you don't have good dividers in them.

One thing you will need in comparison to the current factory rear bags is an outlet (preferably) 2 on the front of the rear bag to then piggy back into preferably 2 inputs on the middle bag. You can get away with just 1 fitting between the bags, but if you have the 6 pumps, the 2 outlets in the back bag will drain the rear bag before the middle bag can fully drain into the rear bag. As an fyi, I am hoping we change this mid year or in 2019, but just giving you a heads up IF you decided to customize your ballast. Again, with 4500lbs of ballast and 4 or 5 passengers in the boat, I think you will be blown away with the performance.
    I still think ya'll need to make drop in trays for the Mojo that fit over the surf max bags. I know they wont be as deep as the max but 3 trays 3" deep will hold all my ropes, my box anchor, my inflatable bumpers and possibly 1-2 life jackets still. The will basically empty all the area under my cabin seats for ballast bags. Bulk of the life jackets reside under the bow filler cushion. Please oh pretty please!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Amen David! I was recently in a buddies Malibu and those trays were awesome. I also noticed small holes on back of rear deck cushions so they could drain. Another winner idea.

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I still think ya'll need to make drop in trays for the Mojo that fit over the surf max bags. I know they wont be as deep as the max but 3 trays 3" deep will hold all my ropes, my box anchor, my inflatable bumpers and possibly 1-2 life jackets still. The will basically empty all the area under my cabin seats for ballast bags. Bulk of the life jackets reside under the bow filler cushion. Please oh pretty please!
    Are these stock on the MAX? During my build I didn't see a place to add trays...
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Are these stock on the MAX? During my build I didn't see a place to add trays...
    I am curious as well. My Max only has the drop in tray over the engine but nothing in the rear lockers.

2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    I am curious as well. My Max only has the drop in tray over the engine but nothing in the rear lockers.
    I could live with just a warming tray over the engine, having locker trays would be perfect for ropes and wet stuff.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Matt (goose) had said they were optional. but I agree, no place to order that option that I saw?

Well...currently, the only model with the over engine tray is the Max. The center sundeck tray is standard and the sides are optional. .
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Hey guys. It appears the side storage trays are NOT on the online configurator, but they are on Dealers Circle which is where the dealers physically order the boats. I will see what I can do about adding to the online boat builder. As to the other models, we are looking to see where we can add trays. As you know, on many models there really isn't much depth to add a tray, but we will continue to look into it. Like I said, I used the side trays and center trays most of the season. I am a huge fan and hopefully we will continue to do more in this direction in years to come...
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager