Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    Nautique also for 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nautique has a rear one.

Pavati did front and rear.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    Wait until they roll out the 19 SE. You will forget about the little SL. Completely redesigned..

Exactly the reason we held on an order this year. Holding out for the redesign.....and can't wait.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Nautique has a rear one.

Pavati did front and rear.
    Heck, pontoon boats have had it for years. Not rocket science and ridiculous for inboards.

Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Exactly the reason we held on an order this year. Holding out for the redesign.....and can't wait.
    I agree. It should be a great boat.
    2018 Supra SL400

Well, I hate to change the interesting discussions about bow and stern thrusters, but if anyone is still interested, the Max definitely has all bags and as stated earlier, each rear bag is about 1000lbs and the front is a bag (not a tank) and it also holds about 1000lbs.

I may have seen where people drilled holes in the divider panels and piggy backed 750lb sacks in the storage areas in the cockpit area. These piggy backed bags connected to the rear bags and allowed you to fill these bags with the current plumbing, making a total of 4500lbs ballast. Of course, we would warn you to never exceed your coast guard capacity, but if you were only running a few passengers, then you should be good to go.

This is another area where the new draft sensor can help you out. When the draft sensor maxes out on the display, the system thinks you have reached max capacity. But until you have a total of 5500lbs of ballast,passengers,gear, you shouldn't see that draft sensor maxed out. But with the extra weight, you will see an amazing wave or wake. Also, as mentioned before, by adding this additional ballast to the middle of the boat, it displaces the whole boat still allowing AutoWake to easily maintain the proper pitch and roll to maximize all displacement. By adding weight to only the rear or the front, it makes it much harder for AutoWake to maintain the proper pitch or roll.

Hope that helps.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Well, I hate to change the interesting discussions about bow and stern thrusters, but if anyone is still interested, the Max definitely has all bags and as stated earlier, each rear bag is about 1000lbs and the front is a bag (not a tank) and it also holds about 1000lbs.

I may have seen where people drilled holes in the divider panels and piggy backed 750lb sacks in the storage areas in the cockpit area. These piggy backed bags connected to the rear bags and allowed you to fill these bags with the current plumbing, making a total of 4500lbs ballast. Of course, we would warn you to never exceed your coast guard capacity, but if you were only running a few passengers, then you should be good to go.

This is another area where the new draft sensor can help you out. When the draft sensor maxes out on the display, the system thinks you have reached max capacity. But until you have a total of 5500lbs of ballast,passengers,gear, you shouldn't see that draft sensor maxed out. But with the extra weight, you will see an amazing wave or wake. Also, as mentioned before, by adding this additional ballast to the middle of the boat, it displaces the whole boat still allowing AutoWake to easily maintain the proper pitch and roll to maximize all displacement. By adding weight to only the rear or the front, it makes it much harder for AutoWake to maintain the proper pitch or roll.

Hope that helps.
    Great answer. Thank you!

Now, about the bow and stern thrusters......

2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Darn it Goose, your reply makes me want a Max more and more... I think I'm still a year or two out though. *sigh*
    But at least Russ can get it all dialed in so I can follow his lead when I get mine eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    When the draft sensor maxes out on the display, the system thinks you have reached max capacity. But until you have a total of 5500lbs of ballast,passengers,gear, you shouldn't see that draft sensor maxed out. But with the extra weight, you will see an amazing wave or wake..
    Russ, I think this sounds like a challenge for ya!!!!!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Darn it Goose, your reply makes me want a Max more and more... I think I'm still a year or two out though. *sigh*
    But at least Russ can get it all dialed in so I can follow his lead when I get mine eventually.
    I'm going to have to agree here!
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I have 5 break in hours out of the way. Will go heavy soon.

2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

This thread had me thinking of the wakeboard wake a lot also. Out of the box it seems it might be a little heavy in the rear for a decent shaped wake and to even plane out. I'm pretty excited to play with this a little and I think at minimum 500 up in the nose, I might shoot to 700 ish to start. Ideas?
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)