Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Default Moomba Max ballast question.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    So was it necessary to replace the rear bags to accommodate the piggybacking? (i.e. did the stock rear bags not have enough ports to facilitate the connections?)

Also, what bags did you go with for the underseat bags?

Where did you end up putting your lead?
    Replacing the rear bags was necessary to get the front ports at the bottom of the bags to send the water forward to the underseat bags. I also moved up to 1280 and there is room for so much more in the locker but not sure it would be needed. I used the WakeMAKERS 50Lx25Wx25H bags.

The underseat bags are 550lbs each. WakeMAKERS 45Lx20Wx15H. Fits really well in my opinion.

Both WakeMAKERS bag types have1 lower front port, 2 top center ports, and 2 lower rear ports which accommodate the G6 pumps with a little hose extension and a 90 degree Flowrite connector. The second connection works perfect from the factory. This is due to the WakeMAKERS bag having ports installed closer together than the factory bags.

https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemaker...llast-bag.html

I am still trying to figure out the lead placement but I have 200 under each side seat and 100 under each bow seat (far back, under the windshield) 50 under each locker bag and 50 in the nose. I am not sure where the lead will end up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boonejeepin; 01-15-2018 at 11:24 PM.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    Replacing the rear bags was necessary to get the front ports at the bottom of the bags to send the water forward to the underseat bags. I also moved up to 1280 and there is room for so much more in the locker but not sure it would be needed. I used the WakeMAKERS 50Lx25Wx25H bags.
    The underseat bags are 550lbs each. WakeMAKERS 45Lx20Wx15H. Fits really well in my opinion.
    Both WakeMAKERS bag types have1 lower front port, 2 top center ports, and 2 lower rear ports which accommodate the G6 pumps with a little hose extension and a 90 degree Flowrite connector. The second connection works perfect from the factory. This is due to the WakeMAKERS bag having ports installed closer together than the factory bags.
    I am still trying to figure out the lead placement but I have 200 under each side seat and 100 under each bow seat (far back, under the windshield) 50 under each locker bag and 50 in the nose. I am not sure where the lead will end up.
    With the G6 what is your ballast fill times set at?
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    With the G6 what is your ballast fill times set at?
    Don’t recall exactly but If my memory is correct fill is 8:30. Not too bad for 1830 lbs.

Don’t recall exactly but If my memory is correct fill is 8:30. Not too bad for 1830 lbs.
    Not bad at all...
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Very nice setup! Are you ordering the storage trays for the rear lockers? I wonder if they would still fit with the 1280s?

When I was thinking of getting a Max I was contemplating how I was going to do the ballast upgrade. 1) was exactly what you did. 2) is use 1 fill line for each bag. Vent the 550 to the 1280 so it will over flow into that bag & 1 vent with a check valve on the big bag.
    I did a similar install with my Mondo (minus dual fill lines, I just T’d off the 1 fill line).

I also se that you bought from SurfRide in Mesa, AZ. How were they to work with? I pulled in a few months back to see if they had any Max’s in stock and spoke with a salesman. I got the car salesman feel from him & he didn’t know much about the Moomba line & basically told me the Max would be “about” the same price as a Mojo lol

Why did you buy from them but boat in Perris & mead?

Ever go to havasu? That’s where we keep our boat.
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    Very nice setup! Are you ordering the storage trays for the rear lockers? I wonder if they would still fit with the 1280s?

When I was thinking of getting a Max I was contemplating how I was going to do the ballast upgrade. 1) was exactly what you did. 2) is use 1 fill line for each bag. Vent the 550 to the 1280 so it will over flow into that bag & 1 vent with a check valve on the big bag.
    I did a similar install with my Mondo (minus dual fill lines, I just T’d off the 1 fill line).

I also se that you bought from SurfRide in Mesa, AZ. How were they to work with? I pulled in a few months back to see if they had any Max’s in stock and spoke with a salesman. I got the car salesman feel from him & he didn’t know much about the Moomba line & basically told me the Max would be “about” the same price as a Mojo lol

Why did you buy from them but boat in Perris & mead?

Ever go to havasu? That’s where we keep our boat.
    I don’t have plans to order the side trays at this time but may in the future if I find a need for more storage. The center tray holds a lot. I am not sure how deep the side trays are but I suspect there would be plenty of room.

Is Germaine Marine and SurfRide the same people? If so, they were very fair with me on both new price and trade in. They also had the color that I wanted.

I have been to Havasu a few times and may go early this Spring but we normally go to Mead during the summer. With it being a bigger lake it seems like we can find more quiet spots.

Default Moomba Max ballast question.

I don’t have plans to order the side trays at this time but may in the future if I find a need for more storage. The center tray holds a lot. I am not sure how deep the side trays are but I suspect there would be plenty of room.

Is Germaine Marine and SurfRide the same people? If so, they were very fair with me on both new price and trade in. They also had the color that I wanted.

I have been to Havasu a few times and may go early this Spring but we normally go to Mead during the summer. With it being a bigger lake it seems like we can find more quiet spots.

Germaine & SurfRide are the same company. Tigè wouldn’t let them sell Skiers Choice unless they re branded. 🤷🏼*♂️

Here’s a pic of of the side trays....looks to be 15-18” deep. I can’t really tell. Hopefully we see you out in Havasu, would love to see that wave in person!!

I also sent you a PM

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Check your PMs

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

So, I just realized something that I hadn't considered before... When comparing the Max to the XLV, the stock weight of the Max without taking ballast into consideration it already 1k pounds above the XLV! Wow. That's a big difference right out of the box.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    So, I just realized something that I hadn't considered before... When comparing the Max to the XLV, the stock weight of the Max without taking ballast into consideration it already 1k pounds above the XLV! Wow. That's a big difference right out of the box.
    Isn’t that awesome?