Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    This thread had me thinking of the wakeboard wake a lot also. Out of the box it seems it might be a little heavy in the rear for a decent shaped wake and to even plane out. I'm pretty excited to play with this a little and I think at minimum 500 up in the nose, I might shoot to 700 ish to start. Ideas?
    The wakeboard wake is clean on both sides even at slow speeds. Haven’t rode it yet to comment on how it actually performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Well, I hate to change the interesting discussions about bow and stern thrusters, but if anyone is still interested, the Max definitely has all bags and as stated earlier, each rear bag is about 1000lbs and the front is a bag (not a tank) and it also holds about 1000lbs.

I may have seen where people drilled holes in the divider panels and piggy backed 750lb sacks in the storage areas in the cockpit area. These piggy backed bags connected to the rear bags and allowed you to fill these bags with the current plumbing, making a total of 4500lbs ballast. Of course, we would warn you to never exceed your coast guard capacity, but if you were only running a few passengers, then you should be good to go.

This is another area where the new draft sensor can help you out. When the draft sensor maxes out on the display, the system thinks you have reached max capacity. But until you have a total of 5500lbs of ballast,passengers,gear, you shouldn't see that draft sensor maxed out. But with the extra weight, you will see an amazing wave or wake. Also, as mentioned before, by adding this additional ballast to the middle of the boat, it displaces the whole boat still allowing AutoWake to easily maintain the proper pitch and roll to maximize all displacement. By adding weight to only the rear or the front, it makes it much harder for AutoWake to maintain the proper pitch or roll.

Hope that helps.
    Happy Sunday. This comment is 100% correct. There is no bow ballast option in the Max for 2018. The three giant 1000 lb. bags do well. I am working on custom WakeMAKERS under seat bags that will connect to the factory rear bags. You will need to cut a couple holes in the divider between the rear locker and under seat area. I will find out the best location and make a little cut template for it. I am also going to see if a different size bag in the rear lockers is worth it.

This is one boat that you should order with the 6 ballast pumps due to its capacity and autowake. I am very excited to get the Max dialed. It is an awesome boat that in my opinion competes with those twice the price. That is still hard for me to wrap my wind around. HAHA. PM me if any of you guys take delivery of a new Max soon. I would love to get some bags in the boat for testing. Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerwm View Post
    Happy Sunday. This comment is 100% correct. There is no bow ballast option in the Max for 2018. The three giant 1000 lb. bags do well. I am working on custom WakeMAKERS under seat bags that will connect to the factory rear bags. You will need to cut a couple holes in the divider between the rear locker and under seat area. I will find out the best location and make a little cut template for it. I am also going to see if a different size bag in the rear lockers is worth it.

This is one boat that you should order with the 6 ballast pumps due to its capacity and autowake. I am very excited to get the Max dialed. It is an awesome boat that in my opinion competes with those twice the price. That is still hard for me to wrap my wind around. HAHA. PM me if any of you guys take delivery of a new Max soon. I would love to get some bags in the boat for testing. Have a great day.
    PM sent. My Max is already in operation. Gotta love the 80 degree SoCal winters.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerwm View Post

What do you think you can put in the back of those lockers - size wise?

Wouldn't you need more in the front to offset that weight?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    What do you think you can put in the back of those lockers - size wise?

Wouldn't you need more in the front to offset that weight?
    Very rough dimensions and does not account for shape of the space.

43 inches long (has a divider at the top that drops this to 35 inches

27 inches wide at the top (hull tapers in as it moves down)

41 inches deep

So three dead bodies in each locker
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

That’s what I’m thinking, lots of bodies.

Should be interesting to see what WakeMAKERS come up with.

2018 Supra SL400

Hey guys. I would recommend spending the majority of the time getting the middle bags correct. You could probably add a few hundred pounds to the rear bags, but if you make the rear bags any bigger, then you will not be able to use the current drop in trays that go over the factory rear bags. Granted, you might not want to use the rear drop in trays, but after using the boat quite a bit, I HIGHLY recommend the drop in trays. It is hard to visualize just how deep those rear storage compartments are. IF you actually put anything into those compartments like a jacket or something, and then drain the ballast, you physically have to get in the rear compartment to get it. You can NOT lean over and actually reach the bottom and this is where those drop in trays really come in handy. The trays are deep enough to hold all the life jackets, ropes, buoys you would need and you can still access them when the ballast is full or empty. Again, I have used other boats with "subfloor" ballast, but even in those, getting items out of the rear storage is NOT easy, especially if you don't have good dividers in them.

One thing you will need in comparison to the current factory rear bags is an outlet (preferably) 2 on the front of the rear bag to then piggy back into preferably 2 inputs on the middle bag. You can get away with just 1 fitting between the bags, but if you have the 6 pumps, the 2 outlets in the back bag will drain the rear bag before the middle bag can fully drain into the rear bag. As an fyi, I am hoping we change this mid year or in 2019, but just giving you a heads up IF you decided to customize your ballast. Again, with 4500lbs of ballast and 4 or 5 passengers in the boat, I think you will be blown away with the performance.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Hey guys. I would recommend spending the majority of the time getting the middle bags correct. You could probably add a few hundred pounds to the rear bags, but if you make the rear bags any bigger, then you will not be able to use the current drop in trays that go over the factory rear bags. Granted, you might not want to use the rear drop in trays, but after using the boat quite a bit, I HIGHLY recommend the drop in trays. It is hard to visualize just how deep those rear storage compartments are. IF you actually put anything into those compartments like a jacket or something, and then drain the ballast, you physically have to get in the rear compartment to get it. You can NOT lean over and actually reach the bottom and this is where those drop in trays really come in handy. The trays are deep enough to hold all the life jackets, ropes, buoys you would need and you can still access them when the ballast is full or empty. Again, I have used other boats with "subfloor" ballast, but even in those, getting items out of the rear storage is NOT easy, especially if you don't have good dividers in them.

One thing you will need in comparison to the current factory rear bags is an outlet (preferably) 2 on the front of the rear bag to then piggy back into preferably 2 inputs on the middle bag. You can get away with just 1 fitting between the bags, but if you have the 6 pumps, the 2 outlets in the back bag will drain the rear bag before the middle bag can fully drain into the rear bag. As an fyi, I am hoping we change this mid year or in 2019, but just giving you a heads up IF you decided to customize your ballast. Again, with 4500lbs of ballast and 4 or 5 passengers in the boat, I think you will be blown away with the performance.
    So can’t wait to try this!!!!

So are you saying that if you want to piggyback some mid-under seat ballast into the rear bags, that it'd be best to get new custom rear bags with more ports so that the mid bags have the ability to flow into the rear bags? Because the stock rear bags aren't gonna have those extra ports for piggybacking currently?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com