Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Default Moomba Max ballast question.

Goose may advise against it but I cut some access holes in the divider panels so I can reach the release latches without removing the center tray. The center tray does not come out easily without removing an engine cover strut. This makes it quick and easy to get to the drain plugs/oil filter, and dipstick.
    The center tray is deep enough to store my swivel board racks plus ropes and jackets. I feel that having the racks out of the elements will help to preserve the rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Hey guys. It appears the side storage trays are NOT on the online configurator, but they are on Dealers Circle which is where the dealers physically order the boats. I will see what I can do about adding to the online boat builder. As to the other models, we are looking to see where we can add trays. As you know, on many models there really isn't much depth to add a tray, but we will continue to look into it. Like I said, I used the side trays and center trays most of the season. I am a huge fan and hopefully we will continue to do more in this direction in years to come...
    Even at like 3-4" deep it would still clear out everything i have under my seats in the cabin and be worth every penny. I plan to take some measurements and look into getting some 3D printed but it would be way better for SC to do the work for me and I can just write a check!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Moomba Max ballast question.

Following the urban legend that Goose mentioned. Going the route of piggybacking ballast bags under the side seats. Went with some slightly larger rear bags from WakeMAKERS with available front ports to allow for connecting the rear locker and under seat ballast bags. I’ll report back after a test run(hopefully this weekend).

Will have about 4660 in water weight and around 750lbs of available lead to move around. Net 5410lbs.

Fairly simple upgrade with a couple of 2” holes in the divider panels between the lockers and the under seat areas that are recessed down to the hull. I also had to reroute the line from one of the Jabsco pumps on each side to accommodate for the narrower placement of the dual fill/drain ports on the rear of the locker bags from WakeMAKERS.

I used a Y connector to connect the vent from the new under seat bag to the existing rear bag vent thru the side of the hull. Hopefully this works out OK. Also adjusted the ballast timers to a best guess time.

Last edited by Boonejeepin; 01-06-2018 at 12:20 AM.

Will the trays out a max fit an 18 mojo

That's some serious weight! Can't wait to see the end result.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

That is some weight!! I will be waiting for the pics.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    (hopefully this weekend).
    You get that MAX out of what... Let's see some results
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I’ll post more later including some videos but the additional weight made the wave come alive. Did not ride goofy or spend any time wakeboarding.

The new setup worked great. Filled and drained with no problem. I adjusted the ballast timers and Autowake seemed to work it’s magic. I did not really have time to play with the setup and try to fine tune it.