Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Interested in the wakeboard wake also and getting to plane, being you're at 1200' I still wonder if the MAX will plane out. Any chance you have a video of float to speed?
    I’ll try to get some video for you soon. I have the 15” wake prop and the boat planes with ease. The wakeboard wake seems very clean even at lower speeds but no one has ridden it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Time to update the signature bro!
    Yes sir! I will have to cave in and sign in on a laptop or figure out how to do it on Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    I’ll try to get some video for you soon. I have the 15” wake prop and the boat planes with ease. The wakeboard wake seems very clean even at lower speeds but no one has ridden it yet.
    A video would be awesome fully weighted, I'm thinking here in UT we will need 700 + lbs in the nose to help plane and shape a good wake. Spring can't come fast enough.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    A video would be awesome fully weighted, I'm thinking here in UT we will need 700 + lbs in the nose to help plane and shape a good wake. Spring can't come fast enough.
    Actually just a picture of the wake when it's fully weighted is my biggest interest. Being based off the Helix I'm sure it's fantastic, IMO the Helix has the best stock wakeboard wake out of the lineup.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I have not spent enough time to give the surf wave a full and fair comparison. I was running only the factory ballast plus a little lead. This produces a good clean wave with the surf tabs. Comparing stock XLV to stock Max is not even fair. The Max’s stock wave is in a different league. But I was not running anywhere close to stock in the XLV for many years and was able to get a good strong, long wave but it was never 100% consistent and needed about 4500lbs of ballast and lead to come alive.

I’ll be adding additional ballast bags this weekend and I’ll report back. Should have about 5400 lbs of lead and ballast bags to play around with.

I only ever ran 3500 in my XLV. It wouldn't surprise me if stock Max was close to my 3500 pound XLV wave... Ovbiously, you're going to go crazy with your max. I've never run lead.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I only ever ran 3500 in my XLV. It wouldn't surprise me if stock Max was close to my 3500 pound XLV wave... Ovbiously, you're going to go crazy with your max. I've never run lead.
    I had really good luck with 4500 and a home made suckgate in the XLV. I think you tend to have a larger crew and would guess that your wave is much better with 5-8 people in the boat compared to 2. I was always disappointed when I decided to not fill the last 650lb (would not fill entirely) bag that I would place on top of the playpen 1180 bag.

I had really good luck with 4500 and a home made suckgate in the XLV. I think you tend to have a larger crew and would guess that your wave is much better with 5-8 people in the boat compared to 2. I was always disappointed when I decided to not fill the last 650lb (would not fill entirely) bag that I would place on top of the playpen 1180 bag.

I've never tried that. hmmm...

I shouldn't have sold that 650 after I got the 1180!

That said, I do run 400 under the surf side seat and another ~250 under the surfside bow seat.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com