Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    That's a pretty sweet idea, what light did you use?
    Some cheap usb rechargeable motion activated closet lights. Should work OK as they are mounted away from water exposure.

Closet Light, SLBFO 10 LED Motion Sensor Light Operated Wireless Motion Sensor light Portable Magnetic Stick Up Closet Light for Closets Bathroom Stairway and More Place (2 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075N2XVBP..._LfuoAb1R3C1DD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Thanks! I'm gonna pick some up....I really dig the one in the observation compartment!
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    Some cheap usb rechargeable motion activated closet lights. Should work OK as they are mounted away from water exposure.

Closet Light, SLBFO 10 LED Motion Sensor Light Operated Wireless Motion Sensor light Portable Magnetic Stick Up Closet Light for Closets Bathroom Stairway and More Place (2 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075N2XVBP..._LfuoAb1R3C1DD

did you hardwire them to a 12v usb charger? or are you going to recharge them "as needed"?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    did you hardwire them to a 12v usb charger? or are you going to recharge them "as needed"?
    Recharge as needed. They are mounted by a magnetic strip so they just pull off when you need to charge. The magnetic strip is double sided taped to the boat and the light has a metal mounting section.

Sounds pretty easy to remove and recharge.

How long do you think hey will last between recharges?

I assume the light will not be ON that much.

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Sounds pretty easy to remove and recharge.

How long do you think hey will last between recharges?

I assume the light will not be ON that much.

No clue how long they will last at this point. They turn off quickly with a lack of motion. Assuming that they will last a while being LEDs.

Time to update the signature bro!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Russ, now that you've had a chance to play with the surf wave, what are your impressions compared to what you'd been used to on the XLV?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Russ, now that you've had a chance to play with the surf wave, what are your impressions compared to what you'd been used to on the XLV?
    Interested in the wakeboard wake also and getting to plane, being you're at 1200' I still wonder if the MAX will plane out. Any chance you have a video of float to speed?
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I have not spent enough time to give the surf wave a full and fair comparison. I was running only the factory ballast plus a little lead. This produces a good clean wave with the surf tabs. Comparing stock XLV to stock Max is not even fair. The Max’s stock wave is in a different league. But I was not running anywhere close to stock in the XLV for many years and was able to get a good strong, long wave but it was never 100% consistent and needed about 4500lbs of ballast and lead to come alive.

I’ll be adding additional ballast bags this weekend and I’ll report back. Should have about 5400 lbs of lead and ballast bags to play around with.