Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I purchased the walk-through pad and opted out of both backrests because of the cost. I really thought I'd end up doing an aftermarket backrest behind the driver's seat but found that I like to be able to swivel the driver's seat 180 degrees when we are anchored and watch the kids play off the back. What I'd REALLY like is a way to fold a drink holder/table on top of the slider seat like the Supras. Would make a great table when slid to the middle of the boat. Haven't missed having the backrest to that seat though.
    2017 Mojo (sold)
    2005 Moomba XLV (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    I purchased the walk-through pad and opted out of both backrests because of the cost. I really thought I'd end up doing an aftermarket backrest behind the driver's seat but found that I like to be able to swivel the driver's seat 180 degrees when we are anchored and watch the kids play off the back. What I'd REALLY like is a way to fold a drink holder/table on top of the slider seat like the Supras. Would make a great table when slid to the middle of the boat. Haven't missed having the backrest to that seat though.
    I think I'm going to hold off on the backs. I just don't see us using the main slider. However, I was thinking the same as you, a little table would be the most usable. As for the walk thru, do you think it's helpful, or would you just as much have the full sun deck?

- James

All,

One I'm pretty certain is wasteful for me is the tower appearance option. Even though I really do like how it looks it's so pricey for what you get. Any one have insight? I'm pretty certain I am passing on this one.

The option I'm most torn on is the seat backs. A lot of the time it's just me and wife out, but we do get up to around 7ish on our current boat. I feel I currently do not have a need for the seat backs but I worry that if I don't get them and I have that day where I could use them I will really regret not having them. Just for our normal use it's hard to justify the price. Can anyone tell me their experience/advice on this one area?
    Tower accent is great and just something different. I think it allows a lighted "MOOMBA" on the side of the tower for something different. It's a cool expensive thing to have, and large want then a need. I personally like it...

Seat backs to me are a must mainly for the one behind the driver full time. I use the back seat on the slider all the time with a smaller crew and much easier to balance the boat and comfy for the passengers. The larger the crew the less you will use it since it's right in the middle.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Seat backs to me are a must mainly for the one behind the driver full time. I use the back seat on the slider all the time with a smaller crew and much easier to balance the boat and comfy for the passengers. The larger the crew the less you will use it since it's right in the middle.[/QUOTE]

Problem with the middle slider is when you slide it back and flip up the backrest nobody can get around it to get to the front part of the boat. People end up stepping up on the slider and bam...they hit there head on your JL Audio 8.8" speakers. This has happened to me twice especially after a few adult beverages in party cove.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Problem with the middle slider is when you slide it back and flip up the backrest nobody can get around it to get to the front part of the boat. People end up stepping up on the slider and bam...they hit there head on your JL Audio 8.8" speakers. This has happened to me twice especially after a few adult beverages in party cove.
    I hear ya it's right in the way and that's why I say mine would only get used with smaller crews. There's enough room for myself to sneak to the left of right of the slider backrest and don't have to step over the seat. The head bangers on the speakers are the WORST, LOL!
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    I hear ya it's right in the way and that's why I say mine would only get used with smaller crews. There's enough room for myself to sneak to the left of right of the slider backrest and don't have to step over the seat. The head bangers on the speakers are the WORST, LOL!
    I wish I could get the one behind the driver. I'm still thinking on the backs... I had no idea the Tower Accent had "Moomba" that lit up. That's kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Pock View Post
    I think I'm going to hold off on the backs. I just don't see us using the main slider. However, I was thinking the same as you, a little table would be the most usable. As for the walk thru, do you think it's helpful, or would you just as much have the full sun deck?

- James
    I think the walk through is worth it, our family is pretty well trained to use it whenever possible instead of walking on the upholstery. I do predict some serious wear-and-tear will occur over time on the slider seat though. It's nearly impossible to avoid stepping onto it when coming off the back of the boat. I guess it could be avoided if we kept that seat slid towards the middle of the boat but you'd still have to step over it to get to the driver' seat and bow. We try to keep a towel on it but I'm sure it'll be the first piece of upholstery that needs replacing.
    2017 Mojo (sold)
    2005 Moomba XLV (sold)

That seat was the first one to split the seam on my first boat. Since then I’ve had two of these on board and religiously throw them on the seats before people step on cushions. They are heavy enough the don’t blow off seats while cruising either so one usually stays on the corner seat all day. They are padded with a large piece of plastic inside that is supposed to disperse the weight, seems to work as I’ve had it on 2 boats over the past 3 years.

http://seatsaver.com/wordpress/?hide_mobile_view=1
    Boatless for now

I called my dealer for the back rest behind the driver seat and it’s $106 for the back rest and $540 for the hardware that’s insane I’ll pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by snowking View Post
    I called my dealer for the back rest behind the driver seat and it’s $106 for the back rest and $540 for the hardware that’s insane I’ll pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That seems fishy. By that math it's only an extra $256 to get the sliding seat back as well. Call Martin motorsports in Saskatoon and I can pick it up and ship it to you if you want. That's where I got mine from.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.